stay with me?

Rumor of heading into battle spread quickly around camp. These rumors scared Y/N, even though she knew they'd have to fight sooner or later. She just hoped it would be later.

Alexander and Lafayette spent more time with General Washington now, and John and Peggy would sneak away often. Y/N began spending more time with Hercules, and she began to enjoy his sense of humor more.

Tonight was the last night before the troops would head out into battle, and the Hamilsquad (as Hercules had dubbed them) had journeyed to a local tavern to get some drinks. The six of theme squeezed into a booth, John, Peggy, and Alexander on one side; Y/N, Lafayette, and Hercules on the other. Y/N sat in the inside, while Lafayette sat in the middle, and Hercules sat on the edge. Seeing his opportunity, Hercules pushed Lafayette up against Y/N.

Lafayette turned red as he was squished against Y/N. "Apologies, mon amie. It seems we need a bigger booth, oui?"

"Oui." Y/N agreed with a soft laugh.

Alexander had left the table to get drinks, and he came back with six glasses of Sam Adams. Their group began to drink, Alexander and Hercules gulped down their drinks, Peggy and Lafayette ingested a median amount at a time, while John and Y/N took smaller sips.

It was half way through Hercules' third glass, that he had gotten up and began flirting with the busty barmaid.

"Did I mention to you I work for General Washington?" Herc said, flexing his muscles for the girl, who shook her head and giggled.

A few minutes later, the barmaid came back with another barmaid.

"Hercules, I'd like for you to meet my friend, Sarah." She introduced.

Sarah waved to Hercules briefly, but she had her eyes set on Lafayette.

"I'll get the next round." Y/N offered. She squeezed her way out. Alexander went with her to help carry drinks back.

After they had ordered the drinks, Alexander broke the silence.

"Sooo..." He slurred, "Is my b-baby sister crushing on Her-a-cheese Mule-again?"

Y/N raised an eyebrow at her brother's drunkenness. "You think I have a thing for Hercules? You must be drunker than I thought!"

"Y/N!" Alexander whined. "I see that you're always hanging out with him! You two are always talking about things that you don't care to share with anyone else."

Y/N shook her head. "It's not like that at all, Alex. He knows some stuff that you don't, alright?"

The siblings retrieved the drinks, and headed back to their table. The sight they found was less than appealing to Y/N.

The first barmaid (Y/N had learned her name was Sybil) was sitting on Hercules' lap, flirting shamelessly with the tailor. Sarah had taken Y/N's place, she pressed herself against Lafayette. Sarah giggled and whispered in Lafayette's ear, stroking his arms.

Just the sight of it made Y/N sick. She dropped off the drinks at the table, then quickly excused herself. "I think I'm going to head back to camp."

Alexander looked from Y/N's expression, to where Lafayette was with Sarah. It took him a minute to put the pieces together. Alexander's eyes widened as he finally figured it out. "Y/N? She likes... La Baguette."