Chapter Eleven-Short

"Cancer?" Andre's voice cracked with hoarseness as Stephanie drew back from his face

"Cancer?" Andre's voice cracked with hoarseness as Stephanie drew back from his face. He took a good look in her hurt eyes and pressed his hand to the back of her neck, gliding his thumb over her nape. Stephanie carefully took the left side of her wig and slid it off quietly. It wasn't something Andre hadn't seen once before, but now it all made sense. He sensed she as well had insecurities. "Stephanie-"

"I'm insecure about my hair. Ever since I lost majority of it in chemo it's been rough. Hair products don't work for me, so I began to use wigs. I wanted to feel pretty again."

"Stephanie you don't need a wig to define your beauty, you're beautiful with and without it. Don't you know I think you're radiance reflects a goddess? Steph, you're just beautiful." Andre nervously looks away in the midst of his confessions towards Stephanie. He still couldn't get over the face that he confessed his love for her in a short manner of time, and she has yet to have a response to his feelings. Andre feared she would turn away from him thinking he was unsure, but something deep within told her that he was serious. Andre was completely serious with Stephanie, he couldn't deny the rawness of his expression.

"Dre it's all so flattering, but you don't have to tell me any of this to make me feel better. Happiness seems to be only temporary in my life." Stephanie drew her fingers to the sides of his face and let the pads of her fingers caress his cheeks. Her eyes focusing on his every now and then.

"I just feel like you aren't told enough how amazing of a person you are, inside and out."

"Stop." Stephanie giggled into his neck affectionately as he dried his own tears and hers. They weren't ashamed to cry in front of each other, letting their emotions rule over a moment either. The two had a chemistry that no other bond could ruin, it was something about them that made their comfort zones different from anyone else. "You mention you love me."

"I did, I do." Andre's heart rate amped up once the topic came back into the air, he was nervous all over again.

"I wish I could say that to you Dre." Stephanie relaxed her hands over his shoulders, making him lean his head backwards so he could daze into her eyes. His throat smothered his voice as he waited for her to speak again. "But, I love you way more than you love me." Stephanie broke out into a wide grin before Andre wrapped his arms around her body and sunk his head into her chest.

"I want to take you out, tonight. Is there any way Cari can go to your friend's house? I just want to spend this night with you." Dre announced playing with the belt loops of Stephanie's jeans, keeping his mind idle as he waited for her to make a decision. Stephanie hadn't spoken to Syd in a few days and wasn't sure of her whereabouts, but she was pretty determined to have a night to herself with Dre. After the drama with Reb, and finding prosperity after her mother's death, she needed a distraction. She was praying tonight would be that night she could just feel free, and most definitely alive.

Finding another babysitter for the evening was a task, but luckily her neighbor Mrs. Bakers was willing to watch Cari. She often watched Cari whenever Stephanie had to run an error when Cari was just a baby, she knew she could depend on Mrs. Bakers for the night.