Prologue

There are worlds that are, and worlds that would never be.

There are worlds that exist merely because we wish them to. Some we wished never existed in the first place. There are also others we fail to see because we do not know which way to look.

Regardless of how one perceives the idea of a world, no one can change what was true. In the diversity of men's perceptions, in the depth of the elves' wisdom, in the omnipotence of the wraiths of ancient times, whatever one cared to believe or to uphold, no one could change what was certain.

Some embraced this absolute, some denied it. Others wanted to believe it along with other truths. It was an ideal that esteemed others above one self, of service to the One King who ruled over all. For a time that world lived harmoniously until evil plagued the heart of men. Many sought to overthrow the King, and because of this, the world that was once unified by an absolute fell into ruin.

And the King who ruled over all had his heart broken by the people he adored. None could defeat him, and in his anger destroyed the green pastures and the mighty houses with the deluge of his wrath. He cast away his rebellious people, his descendants, and made them wander the world in desolation.

None knew of his whereabouts after that.

Some esteemed him dead, others saying he had gone into hiding. The vile took his place on his throne, using his rod and staff to strike the nations with their dark pride and cruelty. Generations passed and the One King was slowly forgotten, and the world that was once unified by the absolute was divided.

The lust of the flesh. The lust of the eyes. The pride of life. These ideas were masked by the names, the East and the West. Men took over the nations of the West, while the East was taken over by the ancient folk.

And like how the sun rises from the East and sets on the West, this is how our story begins.