"For the record, I don't think you will." Liam answered. "He really loves you."

"God I hope not." Louis whispered, grabbing his things as he walked towards the door. "Thanks, Li. See you later."

"Bye, Louis."

.

Unsurprisingly, Louis had never been to the library before. He barely knew where it was.

Once he'd figured out where he was going, Louis hurried across campus to find his boy. As he walked into the building, he noticed the alarming quietness. Were you not allowed to talk in a library? What kind of prison is this?

He saw students at some computers, some with their things scattered across tables pouring over books, and some wandering up and down shelves as they searched for a title.

He didn't see the curly-haired boy at first, but after a few moments of scanning the huge space, he saw the familiar mop of hair hunched over a few books towards the corner of a study space.

Louis slowly moved towards him, noticing that the boy was deep in thought with his headphones in, writing in a notebook while scouring through a textbook.

He pulled out the chair opposite the small table and sat down, prompting Harry to look up.

He stared at him for a moment, before going back to his work, ignoring Louis' presence.

"Haz." Louis whispered, reaching across the table to put a hand over where the boy was trying to write. So Harry took out his earphones, but didn't look up.

"I need to finish this." Harry said quietly.

"Harry, I'm so sorry-" Louis began but Harry cut him off.

"I really n-need to finish this, Louis." Harry continued. Then, he looked up and his wet, green eyes said it all. "It's due tomor-row."

"I love you." Louis said, placing one of his hands over one of Harry's. "And I'm sorry."

Harry took a breath and looked to the roof, then back down at the table, before meeting Louis' eyes.

"I think th-this trial run is over." Harry said. "We-We should just b-be friends."

"I don't want that, and neither do you." Louis pressed, his voice was getting louder and they'd begun to attract attention.

"Louis." Harry said, trying to be quieter. "I-I should have seen the s-signs. This isn't going t-to work."

"Harry, please-" Louis didn't like to beg, but he was getting desperate.

"I noticed it with G-Gem, in London." He continued. "You're ash-shamed of me, and I don't think I-I can handle that."

Louis was quiet for a moment, silently pleading with Harry as his eyes began to well.

"I am not ashamed of you, Haz." Louis told him. "I want to be with you, I want to love you, the whole world can know, I don't care."

They'd begun to attract more looks from people trying to study and Harry knew it. He hated being the centre of attention like that, but when it came to Louis, he wanted to feel loved and appreciated all the time.

"I just d-don't know." Harry whispered, putting his headphones back in as he went back to studying. "I really need to finish this assignment, Louis."

Louis was watching him, taking mental note of his delicate facial features and how beautiful he was, when he remembered something.

.

- 28th September, 2005 -

"I like this one."

"It's a picture book, Lou. We're supposed to find a chapter book."

"I don't care. I like this one."

Harry and Louis were crouched in the corner of the small library in their primary school. Their assignment was to find a small chapter book, suitable for their 9-year-old selves but Louis had decided on a picture book, in typical Louis fashion.

They giggled together as they sat in their beanbag together. They were supposed to do some silent reading, but what their teacher didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

Louis laid his head on Harry's shoulder as he flicked through the pictures, humming quietly to himself.

"Lou!" Harry giggled. "We've got to be quiet!"

"I am being quiet!" Louis answered. "You're the one who started talking."

"You started singing!" Harry laughed in return.

"Did not." Louis poked his tongue out, making them both laugh loudly, then cover their mouths at the same time as they realized they were supposed to be quiet.

"We need to read." Harry told his best friend, before going back to his book.

"When did you get so boring?" Louis joked, opening his book again. Harry was quiet for a moment, then turned and quickly kissed the top of Louis' head.

"M'not boring, Lou." He replied.

"I know, Haz."

.

- Present Day -

Louis would never get tired of watching Harry. He was in far too deep, and knew that if they ever broke up it would take him a very long time to get over the boy.

"I'm not letting you go." Louis whispered, and Harry seemed to hear despite the headphones.

"We'll talk l-later. Louis." Harry sighed, still not looking up. "I need to finish this p-paper."

Louis nodded, then got up and left the library. The conversation didn't go exactly to plan, in fact he was more confused than ever.

But he wasn't about to give up. He never wanted to give up on Harry.

He had one more chance to fix things, he knew it. He just had to decide on how to go about it.

One chance, and he couldn't, wouldn't, blow it.

.

.

.

sorry this was a little later than i previously said it would be... but i hope you like it!

how are we all today?!

please leave feedback, its been a while since i've written and I know im a little out of practise. so leave comments/thoughts/feelings/opinions!

love yous xx