Ch. One: Restricted Magic

HEY LOOK! A chapter that wasn't accidentally deleted by my own stupidity.... Just look at End Of An Empire and the chapter labeled, WHHHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?, for context...

But I was not expecting for you guys to like this story once so ever. But I guess it is something different than what is usually on this app, website or whatever you are on. But I will have you know, that the story has changed slightly from the sneak peeks that were in The Silver Lining. I was writing and than this chapter went in a direction I wasn't aiming for and I liked it better. But enjoy! :)

Word Count: 2291

*Seto's P.O.V*
I can't screw this up. I can't. I can't. My right cheek is sore and hurts so much. I'm not that strong, I can't take hits that well. Not as well as I use to. I keep my head low as I walk into town. The town is fairly big, calling it a town actually is understatement. It's more of a small version of a city. I go to Veronica's and once she sees me, she pulls out a basket with a cover on it and gives it to me. She smiles at me.

"Don't drop it now." She said. I nod and turn around leaving quickly. My problem is that I'm clumsy, I trip over almost anything. The sun is up, people are flooding the marketplace and I can hear something that I've grown too familiar with. My eyes stop dead on people in chains and a large group of people. Slave auction. I take a step back and turn my back to them, continuing to walk while trying to keep bad memories out of my head. Then I feel something hard hit my back making me trip and fall. I yelp when I hit the ground face fist. I squeeze my eyes shut for a few seconds and than open them, pushing myself up as I hear laughing. I quickly grab the basket and start grabbing pieces of fruit that fell out of it.

"That was not funny." Someone said. I stop when I see a girl drop on her knees and pick up an apple and offers it to me. I meet her eyes.

"I'm sorry about them. They like humiliating..your..um.." She trails off. They like humiliating my kind, I knew what she was gonna say. I take the apple as someone grabs the back of my shirt and yanks me back making me tumble back and hit the back of my head. I grit my teeth and rub where I hit my head.

"Is this slave bothering you, miss?" They ask. I sit up seeing a sword drawn. My eyes widen and I bite my bottom lip. The lady gets up and grabs their arm.

"No. No, he isn't." She said. I look away from them, seeing the guards looking at us, more at me actually. Whenever there is a problem, I'm the one to blame because someone owns me. I get up and grab the rest of the stuff dropped and put it in the basket. I check on the fruit seeing apples bruised and dirt all over the rest. My master is gonna be so mad at me. I grab the basket and get up, walking pass the two, not looking at them or speaking. I just want to go back to bed and start this day over again. 

By the time I made it back, I was shaking. It felt like my heart was gonna jump out of my chest. Aiden grabs the basket and looks. He sighs and gives it back to me.

"Lord Brice isn't gonna be happy with you Seto." He said. I grip the basket.

"I-I t-tripped." I stuttered. He rolls his eyes.

"You always trip." He said leaving me. I walk down the hallway and look at the basket. I can't give this to him, not like this. I don't want to get punished again. I could...just this once. I hover my hand over the fruit as my hand starts to tremble. I could fix it easily...

"N-No." I stuttered. I can't! I can't use magic to fix this. If I get caught, I'm dead meat. I lower my hand and put it on the basket. Besides I haven't been able to do a spell correctly since my stutter appeared, I could end up destroying things I don't want to by complete accident. I continue walking, preparing myself as I go into the courtyard. I see my master and that girl again. The girl, I forgot what her name was, looks at me.