Chapter 1 : The Beginning

Your POV:
Darkness

That is all I ever see in my dreams. I think it matches what I see day after day in the outside world but whatever the reason its all I ever dream about. I float through the darkness of my dream until I hear the familiar light buzzing in the darkness. The buzzing slowly continues to get louder until it seems to engulf the void that I float through. My eyes see a light appear in the darkness and, seeing as I had nothing to do, drifted towards it. The light slowly over took my vision until it seemed to vanish, replaced with the ceiling of the small room I resided in. I grown lightly to myself feeling the light sway of the room indicating that it was moving. I turn my head to see the self-built alarm clock was buzzing on and on while the small red light that sat on top of it flashed over and over again. I place my hand above the alarm and smack it down on the light, shutting off the alarm. I slowly sit up on the bed and stretched my arms out while sighing with relief when I hear my back pop slightly in several spots.

Letting out a light groan, I turn my legs over to where they hung off the side of my bed and hopped up while almost falling over as the room lilted slightly. I shuffle over to the closet that resided near my bed and opened the door. I put on your normal black sleeveless shirt with black cargo pants and after making sure they were snug on my legs and put on my regular jet black cargo boots and the slip on my dark brown and lightly torn hooded robe that was torn in such a way to where that, while it covered most of my body, the area near the top of my shoulders and most of my midsection are a little bit torn up. (It it's hard to visualize, imagine Gildarts cloak from Fairy Tail but with a hood and a few differences)   I then pick up your normal pair of goggles complete with several extra lenses on the right eye and slip them onto my forehead and make my way to my rooms door and press a button near the door, causing the door to slide open and the room lights to turn off.

The first thing i do after my room door opens is cover my eyes to block out the sun as it shines onto me. After giving my eyes a moment to adjust to the lighting i take my hand down. I immediately recognize one of the big moving legs of the crawler I lived on move forward at a semi fast pace. Looking past the crawlers leg I can see that the crawler was in rather hilly desert area that sort of resembled the Grand Canyon. I frown lightly thinking to myself, 'That's weird. Last I checked, we were making our way up the coastline near Mexico.' I sigh lightly and shrug my shoulders to myself and turn to the right, making my way to the stairway leading up to the level above the one my room was on. Once at the top I see the same rather muscular man leaning against the railing while looking out into the area. While looking like he was in his fifties but actually being it his mid thirties, he had a sleeveless brown shirt on top of his very muscular and built body, one that looked like it had just been dumped into a coal mine, mainly due to the fact that it was covered in black splotches. He wore a pair of brown long pants that the knees had been cut away from lots of wear and tear, as well as a pair of dark lensed goggles while his body had various dark stains over it.

I walk over to the man and pat him on the shoulder, getting his attention. He turns his head to looks at me and smiles lightly before saying in a masculine,deep voice, "Good morning Y/N. Did you rest well?" I lightly shrug my shoulders before saying in a sarcastic way "Define 'rest well'."which made the man chuckle in response. I lean against the railing before saying "How about you Anderson? Did you rest well?" He replied in a fake British accent, "Oh yes I had a very good sleep, thank you very much." I lightly chuckle to myself before I look at him with a unconvinced look and said, "Are you sure? Its just that for the past few days you seem a little bit...well not you" He replied with a nod while saying in his regular deep voice, "I can assure you that I am quite all right" You nod in acknowledgement, but you know what the problem is. He is probably missing his wife and daughter who fell victim to a raid on their crawler, which is where we found him near death clinging onto their bodies... 'I really hope he is taking it as best as he can' I thought to myself as I push myself off the railing while saying"Guess Id better go get breakfast. Before Shimla wakes up." Anderson chuckles before saying" Yes youd better hurry. I think I saw her leaving here room a moment ago" I nod before turning around and walking up the railing steps  with a slight increase in my walking speed and climbing up to the next level.