Thirty Three Part Two

A/N: this chapter is absolute shit. sorry.

"You're a goddamn lunatic."

The door was only partially ajar thanks to the were who had taken on protective ownership of the home. Luca was clearly overwhelmed by the chaos as he shifted and yipped obnoxiously.  "Send yours out the back." Tanner frowned angrily. This was supposed to have been much smoother.

"Hell barrel right through the glass door--you can't just bring another were onto his turf! Marco please."

Tanner rolled his eyes. "Let them meet. They're equally matched: they'll be fine."

"Equally matched? That thing is easily there hundred pounds heavier than Marco. He'll rip him apart."

Despite the noise and threat the saber had stayed relatively calm. It's body was tense though, each muscle rock hard beneath the glossy fur. "Tanner maybe we should go." Sven commented lightly. "And Griffin could come see if at our house."

Tanner hummed. "What a waste. I drove all this way."

Griffin scoffed. "What do you what, gas money? And I don't know if you recall but I'm not exactly rich Tanner. I have three polar weres in crates outside that cost me hundred to feed weekly. Add on top of that Marco eats like a pig. How much meat does that thing require?"

"About sixty pounds per feeding. Twice a day I think? It's all in his brochure."

"Sixty pounds? By God Tanner--" Griffin lurched awkwardly as a muzzle squeezed in the gap. "I'll meet you at your house. Just get that things out of here."

***

Sven was almost embarrassed for Tanner.

His efforts seemed moot, he had truly lost a good friend. And if there was one thing about Tanner that was absolute it was his juvenile ways that made making friends difficult. But Tanner didn't seem too defeated as he drove back to the estate. Luca was still restlessly hopping around the back seat. "That was a lot for him Tanner," Sven frowned. "He is easily excitable."

"Yes yes." Tanner muttered distractedly. "He ought to have been more appreciative. I mean that Beast--"

"Yes yes. He's quite impressive. But people ca tell when someone is trying too hard. Like when people brought gifts to our kingdom. The more lucrative the less we knew to trust them. Only whores can be brought."

Tanner hugged with a shrug. "Times change."

Sven wasn't so sure.

***

Back home Sven brought Luca far from the soon-to-be war zone, playing with some blocks in his room.

It had come together nicely with three baby blue walls and one soft pink. "Daddy play with Fen and Luca soon?" The boy asked hopefully.

Sven wasn't so sure. He could hear conversation downstairs. It had risen and fallen several times but he was bent on not getting involved. "Maybe. Shall we turn on some TV?"

Sven had to double look at the clock after an episode of cartoons. It was far past Luca's dinner time and practically bedtime. "Stay here love. I'll be back."

"Fen bring Luca Yummies?" Luca asked hopefully. The sweet creature had kept his hunger to himself mostly happy Sven was playing with him. Daddy had been awfully distracted lately.

"That's right cupcakes."

Downstairs the men were locked in a stare down as they sat across from each other. "Admit it." Tanner practically growled. There was glimmer in his eyes that was familiar but Sven couldn't quite place.

"Fine." Griffin smiled. "He's great."

Tanner laughed. Humor, that was the look. "Sven did you put Luca to sleep?"

"Not quite. I was waiting for you to finish up this."

"Ah, well, we're fine. Yes?"

"Yes." Griffin agreed. "I'll see you at work."

"Enjoy."