Three

A/N: Comment & Vote!

Outside the crowds had thinned slightly.

Luca was clearly hyped then as he squealed excitedly drawing a few glances. "That Luca's friend going grr!"

A black and red werewolf was gnashing his jaw between snarls against the grate at anyone who dared look a moment too long. Upon hearing Luca however, the beast turned its head and pinned its ears back baring his teeth in a wolf smile. It was clearly for the boy because the creatures feelings toward vampires were obvious. "Luca go home with Daddy now," the boy told the wolf excitedly. "Luca say bye-bye."

The wolf whined a bit, nudging its nose against the grate. Luca sighed. "Daddy bring Marco too?"

"Sorry cupcake--one werewolf is enough for today."

Luca's eyes filled with sorrow. "But Marco sad! Luca not want friend sad! Make Luca sad. Daddy want Luca sad?"

"Of course not sweetheart." Tanner felt conflicted. He hadn't planned on purchasing one were much less two--not to mention that while this Marco was kind to his Luca, it was still Savage. "Do you want to get down?"

"Luca wants down," the boy agreed with an exuberant nod.

Tanner smiled and lowered the precious creature who squatted cheerfully in front of the bars. "Luca has new Daddy Marco. Daddy bring Marco home."

The werewolf growled and the vampire resisted the urge to swoop in save his little cupcake. But Luca scowled at the beast. "Marco meanie. Daddy nice."

The wolf glared at Tanner who glowered back. He was certain this Savage had no place near him. Besides the black tag meant the Beast had been labeled as a Killer already. A tamed Killer a catch and a half. An untamed Killer was a liability no sane vampire would want to deal with. Besides, he certainly wasn't worth twenty one hundred. "Well I got the Polars," Griffin sighed.

He rounded on the cage with his hands jammed in his pockets. "What a handful he must be."

He was admiring the size of the Beast. It was impressive. He large and clean. His fur was thick and healthy. His teeth were bared and pearly white. Not to mention the damage the hooked fangs could do to flesh. Perhaps Griffin could be bought? "What if I buy him for you? For your office."

"What?" Griffin rolled his eyes. "You said it was stupid earlier."

"Forget that. He's a good catch at s good price."

Griffin had overlooked the black sticker--good. The 'no returns' meant that his pumpkin wouldn't be disappointed. Plus Tanner saw his friend enough that Luca would see him plenty! Griffin scratched his neck. "I can buy him myself," he muttered.

"I know. Think of it as an early Christmas gift."

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt," Griffin clicked his tongue. "Though I don't know how he would do as a mobile guard."

The Mobile guards were those kept with you. They were legally required to be collared with a special collar so no young vamps got excited at the weres and tried to pet. They had to be kept leashed and were toted around like pets. They were a sign of wealth and power. And this were was good looking--it would do Griffin a favor.

"Alright," he sighed. "Sure. Thank you."

Luca looked up at his Daddy. "Bring Marco home?"

"Marco is going home with Uncle Griffin," he explained briefly. "So you can visit him any time."

Luca beamed adorably and Tanner couldn't help but smile back. It was probably an awful idea--this were would cause his friend trouble-- but it was worth it for Luca's happiness. Tanner waved down a salesperson who hesitantly nodded and gestured for another to pack up the were. "If you come inside--"

"Daddy not leave Luca!"

The boy jumped up, wrapping his little arms tightly around Tanner's middle. A wild look of fear was cast over his face. "It's alright sweetheart--you can come with Daddy if you want?"

Luca nuzzled his stomach. "Luca stay with Daddy forever."

"That's right cupcake." He hoisted him on his hip and stepped inside to make another unplanned purchase.

He didn't deny the add-one for the new were. Tanner had no care for it--he had only purchased it to please his little boy. Twenty minutes later workers were loading four crates into the back of Griffin's car. The Polars and Wolf snarled at each and Griffin rolled his eyes. "Great. We get to listen to this all day."

"You can just bring me to my car," Tanner retorted as he buckled Luca in securely. "I want to take him out anyway."

"Showing him off already?" Griffin smiled a bit. "Sure. Reagan will be happy to see three out of the four."

"Marco go home with Uncle Griff!" Luca cried excitedly. "Luca visit every day with Daddy!"

"Every day hm?" Tanner smiled. "Whatever you want cupcake. Ready?"

"Luca ready."

QOTC: Thoughts?!
Goal: 20 comments for next update :)