Twenty - Five

A/N: This story is #140 in Werewolf! Eek! Comment & Vote!

Luca did not make it.

And as his jeans dampened Tanner slowed with a mental curse. Luca howled into his shoulder. He wanted to blame Daniel but he was just a Little. He hadn't been emotionally mature enough to handle the situation any better. "It's alright sweetheart. Daddy will clean you up."

"Luca sorry! Luca still gotta go potty!"

Tanner realized what he meant suddenly and increased his speed. This time he did make it. Luca did his business, kicking his little feet, sorrow melting away to peaceful obliviousness as he hummed. Tanner glanced down at the damp splotch on his tee with a mental sigh--he hadn't brought any extra clothing.

And walking around stinking of urine wasn't ideal. "Luca had accident." The boy peeks down at his wet and slightly dirty underwear.

Tanner nodded his head and made quick work of removing and bagging them before producing a fresh pair and new pants. "Almost done?" Tanner asked.

"Um..." Luca looked thoughtfully. "Luca tell you when."

After he was finished and redressed the two washed their hands in front of a cracked mirror. "Daddy's shirt wet cos Luca wet?" The boy asked sheepishly.

Tanner just smiled. "It doesn't matter cupcake. You are dry--that's important."

They began the trek back to the restaurant. Honestly Tanner didn't want to step foot in the racist building but he refused to deny Luca his lunch. Everyone was eating at the table and his and Luca's drinks say unaccompanied. Nala crinkled her nose at him. "Your shirt." She pointed out.

"I know--you wouldn't happen to have an extra would you?" He asked sardonically.

Nala grinned. "I've got a lavender blouse in my car I would simply love for you to wear."

Tanner issued her a slight smile as the boys all shifted quietly to let Luca back in. "Juice?" Luca asked excitedly looking at the little plastic cup.

"That's right cupcake."

He excused himself to the restroom to try and wash out what he could. He didn't want to do it in the were restroom where Luca could have seen him and took the blame upon himself. He did an alright job but nothing would suffice like a fresh shirt.

Back at the table the waitress stopped by with a fake smile. "Welcome back--what can I get you?"

"Chicken tenders," he snarled, refusing to hid his anger st her.

Her eyes flashed but her position forced her to remained happy. He knew it wasn't her fault--it was regulation. At the same time however he still wished she had made an exception. "Awesome chose--and for you?"

"I'm fine."

"Alrighty. His tenders come with a side of either curly or smiley fries. Which would you prefer?"

"Smiley!" Luca cried excitedly.

Tanner nodded in confirmation and the woman paused. "I noticed your shirt there--"

"What? Is it disturbing other guests?" He bristled.

She rolled her eyes. "No. I was thinking we have some Park memorabilia in back and I thought you might like something not peed on."

"Luca bad boy. Luca got Daddy wet," the boy whimpered at he reminder.

"Daddy's fine sunshine. And sure, miss, I'll take that shirt."

He felt a little bad for his behavior. But only a little.

He followed her to a door where she disappeared a moment before appearing with a baby blue colored tee. Tanner groaned a bit before he recalled that he was lucky to have a fresh shirt. "Medium sound about right to you?" She inquired.

He nodded.

It was a bit snug but it beat the one he had on before. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" She asked. "I get I pissed you off but there's rules. I break them I get fired. I get fired my kids don't eat."

"I know, I know. And a burger will be fine. Medium well. You don't have any Grab N Go blood do you?"

"Sorry. But if sweet blood is your thing we make a great ice cream blend--and we can flavor it for you."

"I'm alright. Thank you. The burger alone will be fine."

~~~

Back at the table Luca pointed out his Daddy's shirt excitedly.

"Blue like Luca!" He pointed at his own darker colored shirt.

Nala snickered at Tanner who smiled tightly and took a seat. Daniel was seated beside his Papa now. Theron looked at him firmly. "What do you need to say?"

Daniel whined in response refusing to look at them. "De De is going to talk to you when we get home." Theron bristled furiously.

"De De?"

"My partner. You won't see much of him," Theron explained briefly. "That's part of this behavior I'm sure."

"Really?" Tanner frowned.

"He works a lot more lately and he--"

"He promised he was comin' and now he isn't and I'm stuck with the stupid dog." The boy burst out furiously.

Theron looked furious and guilty all at once. "It's time to go home." He decided angrily. "I'm sorry Tanner--"

"Not home! Today we play!" Daniel whimpered. "I'm sorry Luca--there, happy? Please don't tell De De!"

"He did promise," Nala contributed unnecessarily. "And he did apologize."

"It doesn't matter. His behavior has been unbelievably poor. Perhaps next Saturday he'll be in a better mood."

Gee said goodbye to Daniel but the boy just sniffled sadly as his Papa took him from the restaurant. Gee frowned a bit before he looked at Luca. "You're gonna stay and play right?" He asked hopefully.

Luca glanced at his Daddy who, now he had a dry shirt, couldn't argue. "Sure."

After they all ate and returned to the were friendly were structure Nala and Tanner sat down in the shade. "He's awfully tame." Nala commented. "I wasn't too keen with my little Gee playing with him."

Tanner frowned. "Luca is hardly a were. He gentle and kind. He doesn't deserve to be treated like a Beast."

"That's your opinion." Nala replied pleasantly. "Inside that little boy is a monster. It may be cute and cuddly for now but we both know they can turn like that."

Tanner wanted to argue but all he could think about was Luca's first bite.

QOTC: thoughts?!