Chapter Two

After Griffin and Xavier ate and finished their homework, both of them just fooled around. There wasn't a lot of homework for them to do anyway.

     Xavier sat up from the sofa. "Hey Griffin, do ya think I could stay here tonight? It's not a school night and we can fool around all we want. I'll ask your mom because she'll say yes to me. I'm an angel!"

     Griffin scoffed. "You know, she only says yes because if she doesn't she will feel bad. If you asked my dad, he'd say no if he didn't want you here. He'd say no if you even looked at him funny."
     "Oh yeah? I bet he will say yes when I look at him funny! Five dollars!"

    "Make it two dollars and it's a deal!"

    "Alright! Get ready to lose, Fin!"

     "In your dreams dude!"

     Griffin and Xavier went to his father Paul and Xavier started making this horrible face.

     "Hey Mr. Kaught! Can I stay here tonight?"

     Paul looked at Xavier oddly. He thought about the question and then said, "No."

     Xavier looked like a child who dropped their ice cream on the ground. "Aw, dude!"

     Griffins father started to laugh. "Oh kids, I'm only messing with you. Go have fun!"

     Now Griffin was upset. "Dad! You just cost me two dollars!"

     Xavier chuckled. "Fork over the money Fin! I won fair and square. I told you I am an angel!"

     "Fine, I'll give it to you tomorrow. You can wait, it's just twenty-four hours. Anyway, don't you need clothes from your house for the party tomorrow?"

     Xavier shook his head. "Nope, it's at night Fin. We won't be sleeping all day long. Wait, are we? Because I wouldn't mind. I'm just suggesting that we should. Okay, maybe not all day, but at least until noon."

     "Xavier, I'm serious. What should we wear? Just something casual? Or something a little more? Fine, I get it, we'll just wear whatever. If you want you can borrow my clothes. They're not that bad, right?"

     Xavier laughed. "Okay, sure. Right. I'll quit being lazy and get my own clothes now. Alright? Happy? Are you gonna come with me to get stuff? I need your muscles. What would I do without you Fin?"

     "You'd probably starve since you basically only eat my food. And seriously, my clothes aren't that bad. I doubt you have any better. But I will grab your stuff, lazy."

     "Woo-hoo! Lazy is at your service! Just kidding, because I am too lazy to serve anyone. Let's go dude!"

°°°

     "So, now that you have your stuff, what do you wanna do?"

     Xavier looks as if he's thinking of something to do, even though Griffin is pretty sure there is something planned out. "Hmm... Oh, I know!  You could give me the two dollars and then we should watch movies all night until we pass out from exhaustion! How's that sound?"

     Griffin groans. "Ugh fine, I'll just get it over with! Here!" He hands Xavier the money. "And to answer your question, it sounds painfully delightful. Really lovely! But we should get as much rest as possible. Sure it's not a school night, but are we really going to want to snooze 'til three in the afternoon tomorrow?"

     "Yes! Of course!"

     Griffin sighs. "Well, I don't. Seriously, alright? We can do that another night. I'm exhausted as it is from all the homework. Yep, that's what I'll do, so you should too."