JOBLESS x LOVELESS

Start from the beginning

"I want an escape. I don't know what to do anymore." I told Jenna on chat.

"You are a step ahead of your escape. I've been inviting you to Church but you are not coming. Don't you think it's time?" Says Jen.

On that Sunday night, Jenna and I went to HLC to attend a service. I was amazed on this church because of the ambiance! I guess staying here will really make you pray. As we enter the premise, I could see groups of people my age gathered on the huge gazebo.

"That's what we call the cell group. They are sharing thoughts about bible and reflect on what they experience." Explained Jen.

Jenna introduced me to her cell group. Most of them are older than me and I could say that they are accomplished. They told me how unfortunate they are but through prayers they survived life.

"So you're a fresh graduate?" asked Ashley, the cell group leader. I nod at her question. "Got a job already?"

"Not yet. Still job-hunting."

"Yeah?"

I shrugged. She smiled.

"We have a member here; his name is Enoch. His father's a manager of a semiconductor company. He works there, too. Maybe he can help you."

"Really? That's nice!" I don't know but I felt so happy hearing this. I hope Enoch could help me.

"But I don't know if he'll attend tonight. He's not replying..." Ashley looked at her phone to check.

"Speaking..." interrupts Vinna who's two years older than me. She's looking at my back so I look towards where she's staring.

Then, a guy went out of a blue Tucson car who's sporting a denim jacket with a white t-shirt underneath and a pair of black jeans. He matched his attire with a gray cap which he wore backwards and a sneaker.

And yes, even from afar he's gorgeous handsome.

Jenna and Ashley waved their hands to get the guy's attention for him too see us. My heart beat fast upon his arrival and oh! I love his smell!

"Better be late than never." Enoch sat beside me and he smirked. I could feel his gaze landed on me.

"By the way, En. She's Reese Kelly, Jenna's friend. Pretty, huh?" I blushed at Ashley's introduction. I smiled at him.

"She is," guy agreed. "Enoch Lewis." He extended a hand which I accepted. Define sparks?

I could still feel his gaze and it's awkward! They continue sharing their reflections and I smile occasionally.

"I nearly forgot. Enoch, Reese is an engineering graduate. Heard your dad's looking for people?"

"Yup!" Enoch looked at me, "Are you interested? We are looking for Engineers."

"Yes! I love to work there!" I look at Jenna with a genuine smile and she raised her thumbs.

"Send me your CV. I'll take care of your application." Enoch handed me his calling card. I look at it and I was amazed on what I read.

Engr. Enoch Abiel Lewis

Executive Engineer

<Phone Number>

<Email Address>

Whoa! He's a what? What old is he anyway? He looks like in his mid-twenties. Look how blessed are the people who serves the Lord. Enoch's young, blessed, accomplished and gorgeous. What's more to ask?