Chapter 2

I was bored out of my mind. Of course, just like every day, I finished early with my tutors. I had sat in my music room practicing the various instruments I can play but once I got through with each of them I was still bored. I decided to go to my library and read. However, there wasn't a new book so I settled for one of my favorites and began to read. That satisfied my boredom for quite a while, until around the mid-afternoon when Sandra had returned from seeing her mother. That's when we did my lessons in etiquette. Every day I had these lessons, I would think there is nothing more I can learn after this but Sandra constantly proved me wrong, teaching me more things and more things. It didn't help that sometimes our lessons would turn to story time or more of a gossip session. The maids would often join in, we would have tea and tarts or some other kind of pastry. I never had much to say, I only really listened. 

After this, I sent Sandra to go ask my father if I could go outside. She came back saying he was in a meeting that he couldn't be disturbed from. I huffed and folded my arms like a child. It was a lovely day outside, obviously bitterly cold, but I like the crisp weather it made me feel alive more alert, not the same usual thing all the time. Sandra sat there sewing and since I was bored I felt like making a dress. My sewing skills were incredible. Mostly because that's one of the few things I can do in my room. I sent my maids to go get some things for me and I started making a dress. My heart wasn't in it though, and after a few minutes, I sighed, bored once again. 

"Estelle, what is the matter?" Sandra said glancing at me. 

"I'm just bored. I have nothing to do." 

"You have plenty to do." Sandra distantly said she was still focused on what she was working on. 

"No, I don't, I've done it all today! Just like I did yesterday," I moaned. "And the day before and the day before, oh and let's not forget the day before that." I sighed again, resting my elbow on the arm of my chair. "I just want something new and different to happen for once in my life. Something I like." I complained staring out the window. 

"Well," Sandra started, "What do you like?" 

"That's the problem!" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air, standing up beginning to pace. "I don't know what I like. It's all so limited. I like my studies, I like reading, writing, drawing. I love to play, I love walking outside in the garden. I like sewing, and I love when you tell me stories. I love spending time with Father, we always have such a nice time, and I'm good at card games. But that's it. That's all of it. I want to try so much more." I rambled. Sandra was now looking at me. "Is that bad Sandra? Is it wrong?" I asked her, eyes pleading. She put her things aside. 

"No, Estelle it is perfectly normal. I'll talk to your father and see if we can have a change." She said giving me a small hopeful smile. I sighed. 

"No, don't. He has said no too many times. I don't know if I can handle another no." I said. She nodded at me. I busied myself with the dress, but I knew it wouldn't be very good. 

I had dinner in my room, Father was much too busy, so I just ate with Sandra and my maids ate with me. There was little to talk about they spent their every breathing moment with me. 

"Tina, how is your brother?" Sandra asked. Tina looked up. 

"Oh, he's doing excellent." Tina said before returning back to her food. 

"Princess, are you all right?" Lina asked me. She was the more motherly out of my three maids. I gave her a radiant smile. 

"I'm perfectly fine." She believed me, but Sandra just glanced at me she knew better. Florine just sat there quietly, she was the quietest out of the three. I wasn't sure if she got along with the other two, but she didn't seem to have issues, but you could never be sure. 

After dinner, we played some card games, which lifted my spirit. Right at eight, I went and had a bath, getting into my nightgown and went to sleep. 

The next day was the same, my tortuous routine, breakfast with Father, lessons, spare time, dinner, some card games bed. The same every day, week, month, year. The end of the month came, changing to the last month of the year. Still, nothing changed, except the seasons.