Chapter 5: Rebuilding Trust

Nandini bites her lips on realizing what she said so cover it up

N: I mean, I think we can trust him.

And she leaves to avoid facing any awkwardness. Everyone were also shocked as Manik but then cabir spoke

C: Toh Mr. Manik aisa kya jaadu kiya h tumne humari angel par. Usne trust word kabhi kisi k liye nahi use kiya except FAB5 not even for that jerk Harshad. Toh tune esa kya mahan kaam kiya wo bhi sirf ek din me.

D: Cabir is right Buddy. Though she trusts everyone but she never let other person know it. But tujhe toh usne directly hi bol diya.

Manik was silent absorbing all what Nandini Cabir and Dhruv said and moves towards cafeteria.

In Cafeteria..

Nandini( to herself): Nandu..kya kar diya tune. Tujhe na khudh par bilkul control nahi hai. Kuch bhi bol deti hai. Lekin Do I really trust him. Yess Yess I do, and If I trust him he also should trust me. He had to share his pain.

A voice: Mujhe nahi lagta ki tumhare paas frndz ki kami h jo tum yaha khudh se baatein kar rhi ho

Nandini came to reality by the voice. She looks towards the voice and finds Manik sitting opposite to her giving her his all time killing smirk.

N: Ese kya dekh rahe ho. Look abhi Audi me jo hua us se yh mat samajhna ki tum koi special ho. Wo I just normally said ki I trust you. Use tum wrong way me mat lena.

M: Are toh me us baare m kuch bol hi nahi rha. Me toh tumhe sorry bolne aaya hu.

N(confused look): Sorry..kyun??
M: Wo last night k liye. I was rude with uh naa. Pta nahi mujhe achanak gussa kyun aan gaya. Me jab bhi friendship k baare me sunta hu naa toh I feel like mah blood starts boiling.
N: Aakhir dosti se itni nafrat kyun?? (Her tone was soft) Manik me nahi jaanti ki past m tumhare saath esa kya hua h jo tum friendship par trust nahi karte.
But uh know like hopes, trust can also be rebuilt. Just give it a chance.

M: Will uh help me??

Nandini can now see the shine in his eyes, A hope. He was determined and so was she.

It was Night. Nandini was practicing with her violin (Yeahh she was a very good violin player) when her phone rang. She saw the caller id which read Manik

N: Manik..Itni late yh mujhe kyun call kr rha h??

As she picked up the phone.
M: Come to mah place.

These were the only words she heard and phone was disconnected before she could ask anything. She called back but the no. went switched off. Worry can be clearly seen on her face. Without thinking twice she drove to the Manik's place as soon as possible. As she entered, she heard some loud sounds..sounds of breaking something. She followed the sound which took her to the Manik's place. As she entered, the scene in front of her was enough for anyone to shook them to the core.
Whole room was messed up. Broken glasses, vase. Nothing was at its place. She saw a broken guitar lying there and looks around to find Manik and there he was. In a corner, all messed up..His hand was bleeding. And he was sitting and crying like a kid who just saw a ghost.

Nandini feels her cheeks wet. She was also crying. But now she have to handle him. She moves towards him. And as Manik sees her, he quickly hugged her like a kid hugs her mommy.
He was just crying and crying nd Nandini was consoling him. She don't know whats the reason but for now all she had to do is to control him.

"One day you meet someone and for some inexplicable reason, you feel more connected to this stranger than anyone else"

Nandini's POV

He was a stranger to me. But I can't see him like this. When he called me, without thinking twice I just came here. It feels ki only I can console him. That keeping him happy is mah only motive of life. Seeing him like this hurted me like someone stabbed mah heart. I can feel the pain.

Then Nandini's eyes sees his bleeding hand. She immediately searched for first aid kit and luckily found it. She cleaned his wound softly and did the dressing.

Manik was still not in his senses and was crying like a 5 year old kid

Suddenly he speaks up
"Tum toh mujhe kabhi nahi chodogi naa"

Nandini is shocked by his words. But then she thought that now he is not in a normal condition. So she also speaks

"Nahi Manik, I'm always there with uh. Me kabhi tumhe chodke nahi jaaungi"

After some time Manik was in control. He was just sleeping in Nandini's lap. No not sleeping but was lost, lost in his past.

M: Tumhe pata hai Nandini, Meri princess wo bhi mujhe ese hi sambhalti thi jab bhi me dad se gussa hota tha.
(He was talking like a kid and then he sits straights and looking directly into Nandini's eyes says)
Aur uski aankhein naa wo bhi bilkul tumhari aankho jesi hi thi. Ekdum angel jesi. I miss her so much.

N: Don't miss her bcoz she is always in your heart. And wo jha bhi hai agar tumhe ese dekhegi toh use achaa nahi lagega. Even she will be missing uh.

M: NO..She won't be missing me. Kyunki use toh lagta h me uske paas hu. Wo toh jaanti bhi nahi h mujhe.

Nandini was confused by his words.

N: Tumhe jaanti nahi...yh tum kya keh rhe ho Manik.

M: Haa kyunki wo toh Harshad ko Manik samajhti h.

Listening Harshad's name now Nandini was more curious to know everything.

N: Harshad??

M: Haaa, Harshad wo sirf mera best friend nahi tha..Infact He was mah everything.

To be continued.....

Sorry, I know short update...but due to lack of time. Nd the next part will be most awaited part. Finally the Past revealation. Who is this Harshad? Is he the same Nandini's ex boyfriend or someone else. And Manik's angel??? Who is the girl she loves??
So many questions..Hainaa
But the next part will clear everthing. So stay tuned😉😉