“Because..” He paused for a second, I knew he could not think of a good reason at first. “Because he is helping you achieve your evil schemes.”

“If you want to arrest everyone who has helped me you are going to have to do the same to Lord Girion who showed us around!”

The dwarf stiffened at the sound of Lord Girion’s name, something told me that that there was an uneasiness between the two cities. “Just shut up and keep on walking,” He tried to change the subject.

I opened my mouth as though I was going to snap back at him, but I felt as though enough was enough. I was suddenly glad for the absence of Reinya, who undoubtedly, would have made things a lot worse.

~~~

It did not take long for the dwarves to walk us around the side of the mountain and into the large entrance to Erebor. They dragged us straight to the dark and foul dungeons at the lower levels.

The dwarves shoved me into one cell, and Legolas into another across the hall. The small cells were damp and dark, with a single torn blanket for a bed.

“How lovely,” I rolled my eyes, I was really not in the mood for sleeping on the floor again.

“Shut up!” The tallest dwarf sneered as he slammed the door shut.  

I went down to the tattered blanket, and pulled it closer to the door, before sitting on it, and looking across to Legolas’ cell. “Are you alright?” I whispered quietly, hoping he could hear me.

Legolas came to the cell door, and looked across the way to me. “I am fine. Are you hurt? Are you alright?” He asked, sounding more worried than I had felt.

“I will be fine,” I replied looking up at the ceiling. This place reminded me too much of the Mines of Moria, and I did not like it one bit.

There was a silence between us for many hours, we left each other to their own thoughts. And soon once my head was clear of any swarming thoughts, I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the foul smell of Orcs. The room was dark, damp, and then it hit me, like the piercing of knives in my back. I was back in the mines. At first I just stared at walls, not much went through my mind until I heard the banging of the drums.  

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, the repetition was constant for many minutes. Then it sounded as though they came closer, and faster, and louder. All of a sudden the the walls started to cave in on me.

My whole body froze, I could not think, I could not act, so I just sat there motionless. Until there was nothing but darkness.

I woke up gasping for air, my lungs were screaming and I was plastered in sweat. My breaths were uneven as I struggled to slow my heart beat down. I laid down and did not move for a matter of minutes.

I am safe now, I am safe, no longer am I in those dungeons. I repeated the same thought over and over again, trying to prove to myself that I was safe. But I was not. I was locked in the dwarven dungeons and Ravaonna was on a hunt for my head. There was no way I am safe.

I took one last deep breath, sat up and looked over to Legolas. I saw his lips moving, but I could not hear what he was saying. I was still in shock. Why were these dungeons affecting me this way? My old life was gone, I will find out why I am locked up soon enough.

Once my thoughts had calmed down, I could finally hear Legolas. “Elemmire, are you alright?”

“Fine,” I mumbled not really wanting to discuss what just happened.

Ravaonna- A Legolas Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara