You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Eleven

Почніть із самого початку

“Please,” Chantelle begged them.

“Good girl,” I whispered in her ear.

Sowly, both officers dropped down on the floor and placed their hands on the dirty ground as I instructed. “Good. Now close your eyes.” They continued to watch me. “Do it or I’ll kill her,” I shouted. They immediately closed their eyes. I let go of Chantelle and whispered to her, “You close your eyes too.”

Luckily the ground was soft from the damp weather so they didn’t hear me creeping over to them. Wet mud buried half of their hands. They were both shivering from being on the cold floor. The male officer was broad and muscular; I knew he had to be first.

Without another thought, I raised the knife and dug it into the back of his neck with such force it pierced through the other side. From me letting go of Chantelle to the officer falling to the floor with my knife still stuck through his neck was only about ten seconds. Of course the female officer heard the brief gagging noise and jumped up. Her face filled with horror as she stared at her partner lying motionless on the floor.

She went through the motions of screaming; mouth open, eyes wide, but nothing came out except a quiet croaking sound. I cocked my head to the side and waited. Soon would come the begging and pleading. With her whole body shaking, she shook her head. It seemed like she physically couldn’t move.

She was sitting up, leaning back on her arms. I raised my leg and kicked her down so she was lying on the floor. By now I would have expected her to beg and plead but still nothing came out of her mouth.

My eyes flicked back to Chantelle momentarily, she hadn’t moved and eyes were still squeezed shut. Stepped over the officer, placing one foot both sides of her body, and lowered myself so I was sitting on her. “Did you radio anyone and think very carefully before you answer. I will know if you’re lying.”

Her head shook from side to side in place of an answer.

“Good.”

As I pulled a second knife out of my pocket her body started to shake violently, yet she made no effort to move or beg for her life. It was rare, but a pleasant change. I slowly and lightly pressed the blade to the skin just below her collar bone. Apart from her body shaking and ragged breath she was so still it was as if she was already dead.

“If it wasn’t for you none of this would have happened. If you did your job properly no one would get hurt and I wouldn’t have to step in.” I increased the pressure, the blade digging into her skin, producing a shallow graze.

“Can you tell me why you’re all so incapable of upholding the so called law?” She didn’t reply with words, just a whimper so again I increased pressure and cut into the skin. She didn’t even seem to notice. Her eyes were still wide in horror and her breathing rapid but there was no reaction to the five inch wound stretching from the top of her collar bone down towards her chest, blood seeping through her crisp white shirt. I felt a release as the knife glided through the cotton material and then through her flesh. The blade sliced through her so easily.

I carried on, cutting though her skin, curving around her breast until I reached her heart. “Goodnight,” I whispered, as I plunged the knife straight through her heart. She gagged causing blood to splutter from her mouth. Knowing that would probably happen; I had already jumped back and successfully managed to avoid getting anything on myself.

Being on the edge of the forest the bodies were adequately hidden so I didn’t bother moving them. I just threw a few loose branches over the side of their bodies that was visible from the footpath.

I walked back to Chantelle and took both of her hands in my own. “You can open your eyes, it’s okay now.” I whispered softly, trying to sooth her.

Her eyes flicked open and she immediately started scanning the area where the police officers were standing. “Where..?” She shook her head, ending her question there.

“Don’t worry. We need to get home before sunrise so let’s go.” Chantelle gulped and nodded, picking up her bag, which I took off her. “Please, allow me.” Thankfully she didn’t argue so she must be learning.

We carried on walking into the night. If we weren’t so tired we probably would have made it back in half the time it was taking us but we were slow and needed to stop occasionally to rest. Finally though, we made it to the small narrow forest a little way behind my house. After passing the old broken wood shed we made it out of the other side of the dark trees. My house came into view and I smiled, relief filling me.

My smile grew and my heart pumped as I caught a quick glimpse of Lily sneaking through the bramble bushes. They were still coming home then. Well of course they were.

“Who was that?” Chantelle whispered.

“My Lily,” I responded, staring after her. “Come on, we’d better stay in that old wood shed until tomorrow.” Chantelle nodded and we turned around, heading back the way we’d just been.

“You really think they’ll come back again tomorrow?”

“I do.” They were coming back here, even though their old families would be with them, especially Lily’s. I knew they wanted their family back together as much as I did. Tomorrow we would all be reunited.

Chantelle beamed at me, her eyes shining with happiness. “I haven’t been part of a family for so long.”

I squeezed her hand. “You are now. Forever.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only like three chapters left! WOO HOO! I've decided to try and get The Cellar published normally so once this is done I'll start editing...again! I'm changin the whole layout and even Summer's name :( I know but I really don't want people (publishers) to think that my story was any way influenced by that pile of crap movie Summer's Moon (or whatever it was called!!) So Summer is now Skye...on my version, I'll keep her Summer here.

Thanks to iznaberry for the cover on the side :)

<3