When Did We First Talk?

It took almost a full month for us to finally have a conversation. Her hair was (longer/shorter) and in (style). Her eyes never opened yet but she was making friends. Choji, Naruto, Ino, Kiba, Shino, and Hinata.

We had found out that her jutsu didn't need hand signs to perform. She said it was a thing she could do for as long as she could remember.

She apparently didn't live in a great place before. And she currently lived in her own apartment alone.

I learned all this from listening to others. Mainly Choji.

(Y/n) was pushed towards me during one lunch, Ino the one doing the pushing. She had the reddest face I had ever seen.

"Good luck!" Ino grinned before leaving (Y/n) there standing awkwardly. Knees together and hands balled into fists behind her back.

She was looking really nervous about something. So I decided to be a nice guy and lighten things up a bit.

"Ino can be a bit much, huh?"

She looked at me and nodded. "Y-yeah. Um...you're Shikamaru, right?"

I nodded.

"W-well...Choji said that I should meet you...and...y-you were a really nice guy...and..."

"Well." I interrupted her. She was getting more nervous the more she talked. It was almost as bad as Hinata around Naruto. "You met me. That's all there is to it."

She looked at me, her face held a confused look.

"You decide if I'm a nice guy or just cold and lazy." I said, looking at her. "By the way, where's your lunch?"

"My lunch? Choji has it."

I nodded. "Here." I pulled out my sandwich and took one half and held it out to her. "My mom made it. Hope you don't mind mayo."

She gave me a smile before taking it. "Thank you." She said before taking a bite.

I looked at her, blinking a few times before looking down again. Another thing I have noticed is that her smiles are different. They aren't bright and dazzling. They do exist, so that's not it either.

I think...It's because they weren't full of cheer. Her smiles actually seemed empty and fake. It was weird. Maybe it was just a thing for her. Like Shino and his blunt voice and attitude.