My face lights up as I skip over to her. I find myself in the chair by Emma, She looks up and when she sees me her face lights up as much as mine does.

"Oh my gosh! I didn't know you had this class!"

I shack my head knowing that she zoned out again- typical Emma- about me talking to her about my classes. We continue to talk for another 10 more minutes, talking about how our day has been until I see someone from the corner of my eye sitting down at the table Emma and I are at. I turn my gaze to the person- or should I say two people and realize that it's Luke and Brent.

Shocked, I nudge Emma to get her attention off her MacBook and onto the two people that are in front of us. She takes a double look and just stares at them confused.

"Wait what are y'all doing here?"

"Well duh, we're here for this class. Come on Emma I thought you were smarter than that." Brent says with a playful smirk on his face.

Luke lightly chuckles at what Brent just said, and Emma rolls her eyes and brings her attention back onto her MacBook. I was about to ask another question about why they are here, but before I could the professor came in and started talking.

"Good afternoon. In this class we will be doing a lot of group work, so look at the person in front of you-" We all did as we were told and I looked at Brent and Emma looked at Luke "- this will be your partner for this course."

Brent smirks at me as he says "Hey partner." as I awkwardly stare back at him, feeling a little unsure. I roll my eyes at him and try to continue to listen to the professor as he talks about what we will be doing for the first assignment.

"The first assignment will be online through Blackboard you will need to write a professional letter to me about your likes, dislikes, and how your summer went."

I hear Brent grunting in dislike about this assignment and I can't help but let out a little laugh, but my laugh got the attention of Emma who is giving me a sideway questioning look. I shake my head at her and turn back to the professor. I could see Brent trying to get my attention by making stupid faces, but I was not going to give in. I'm stronger than this until I feel a sudden sharp pain in my shin. I immediately look up and see Brent turn his head back to look at Dr. Derik with that stupid smirk. That ass kicked me! How dare him, who does he thinks he is!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The class is finally over and I quickly gather my things and shove them into my bag. Standing up, I wait for Emma to get her things together which is taking a very painfully long time. I'm starting to think that she is doing this on purpose. Brent stands up with Luke and walks over to us as Emma finally gathers all her crap, she stands next to me and asked if I was ready to go home.

I quickly shake my head yes and dash for the door only to have Brent following closes behind. I let out a frustrated sigh and slow my walk so we are walking side by side. Let me just tell you how big of a mistake that was, because he started to poke my dang cheek.

I start to lose my temper how dare he acts all cute and flirts with me when he has a girlfriend. I've already felt like I was thrown in crap the first time but this... this is just ugh!!! I can sense Emma intense stares and her presence moving closer to me. I have come to a complete halt as well as Brent as he is standing there poking my cheek over and over again. I am trying really hard not to just snap. I'm having a hard time keeping my thoughts to myself when my emotions are heightened because of course, Mother Nature hates me on this damn rainy day. I know Emma is reading my mind so she grabs my hand and gives Luke a tight head nod singling our goodbye with a quick glare in Brent's directions she pulls me out the door to the car.

Emma looks at me once we have entered her car speaking her mind like always and says "you're on your period aren't you?" I gave her a quick glare but she takes no defense to it because she knows that she just saved my butt from an outburst that was soon to follow. I give her a quick nod and lay the seat back as I speak," Thank you, you really did save me." She gives me a sympathy nod because she knows me just as well as I know her.

she quietly speaks again "you're really not okay with what happened a few days ago, are you?" I try to keep my tone even but fail miserably as I feel tears coming down my cheeks. I state "I just felt like this was our new start, and on the first day that happened and I just don't know how to feel." Gosh, I hate Mother Nature Emma burst out into a fit of laughter I gave her a questioning look when she states "Honey me too, me too" as I come to the conclusion I said that out loud I to start laughing. After Emma can catch her breath and says "Come on we will stop at Target to get junk food so we can binge watch Grey's Anatomy"

This quickly changes my mood as I wipe my tears and put a smile on my face I look over at Emma

"love you Em, you always know how to make me happy"

"Duh this is why I'm your best friend and am considered a sister even though we are technically we are related," Emma states with a smirk

Over all my first day of Freshman year is over and wasn't necessarily terrible, I like my classes and my professors and that's all I can ask for.