Sunset with her (Descriptive)

Original question: Imagine you are watching a spectacular sunset with friends or family. Describe what you see and hear, and your thoughts and feelings as you watch. 

It was over a 1000 feet above the ground but I sat there — along the edge of the cliff — lost in my own world. I had never felt so peaceful before. Staring at the wilderness, thriving in a wide expanse and surrounding me, free from the malicious thoughts of humans. The sky was a bluish-purple hue, painted with gentle strokes, as impeccable as any of Picasso's works. A perfect semi circle of the sun, with silhouettes of the evergreen trees blemishing its radiance, waning down the hidden horizon. Yet, the true illumination of the atmosphere was her smile. 

This was our first vacation and she was absolutely loving it. My hand would normally have been spayed towards the sun, playing with its rays as it seeped though the cracks between my fingers. Now it was entangled in her's, gripping on tightly as she rested her head on my shoulder and stared at the sunset. I nuzzled her hair, breathing in all of her scent. It was a drug now. I couldn't do without it, but it was an addiction I would like to keep for the rest of my life. There was silence everywhere except the warbling of tropical birds as they flitted across the green landscape. Spots of bright colors that contrasted deeply against the background like food coloring in milk. Never had I heard so much in the silence — the wind was speaking, carrying with it news of the coming night in its cold gushes. The forest was coming to life with the critters chirping, leaves rustling, and the eerie calls of ravenous jungle beasts. Yet as the sun dipped into the horizon and a grey blanket was shroud over the sky, I felt her head slip over my shoulder, but I caught it in time. She was asleep already. Her innocent face dimly lit in the moonlight. The gibbous moon was obscured by grey clouds that turned brownish when they floated under its luminance. The stars began to shimmer, like little diamonds hidden within igneous rocks. I swept her up from the cliff's edge and carefully trod the rocky terrain, her head resting snugly against my chest, like a baby falling asleep in her mother's bosom. Never had I felt such a warm feeling, it soothed my soul as I returned rejuvenated.