Chapter 2

*Unedited*

~Alaina~

All the emotions came running towards me and my head was going crazy. Did Alaric really just say that? Did he just... my mind can't comprehend but all I know for sure is that I am pissed.

"You have no right, Alaric!" I said stepping up to him. Ready to take on anything he tries to throw at me.

"This is not up to discussion Alaina".

"Yes, yes it totally is! This my relationship we are talking about" I said keeping my voice low so no one from inside can hear. Or the neighbors.

"It is, that's why I'm giving you the option to break off that little thing you call a relationship" he said like it was nothing.

"You aren't giving me a choice" I said with a straight face. Who does he think he is kidding? I seem composed but in my mind I'm finding ways to beat the living pulp out of him.

"I am. I gave you the option to dump him and I'll drop it or keep going out with him and the family would know. Especially Mason, you know how he gets".

Shit. My family can be accepting and bring up relationships almost 24/7 and Rebekah can be overprotective but Mason is worse. Since he is in the army and is a family guy he has more of an advantage than my family on doing the worst damage. He gets mad for me even being near another guy other than family or his brother. If Mason finds out I'm with someone other than his brother, all hell would break loose.

Not giving Alaric an advantage over me I kept a straight face forward. He has a huge leverage over me at the moment and I'm busy thinking of an escape.

"We had a deal before, you do you and I do me but we won't snitch on each other of what we do in school" I reminded him which was true since we had an agreement when we entered high school.

"But we aren't in school right now are we?" Ugh. He gets on my nerves.

"But me being with him is in school".

"But you weren't in school when he had his tongue down your throat" he said lowly, clenching his jaw.

"Why do you want me to dump him?" I asked curious for his reason.

"You got till next week" was all he said before he sped his way inside.

I was mentally planning his death but for later. Right now I have to worry about keeping this relationship and getting Alaric off my back. Not wanting to deal with it at the moment I decide that I will deal with it tomorrow. Going back inside I grabbed a beer and took a couple of sips to loosen up. All this pressure is getting to me when it shouldn't. As I was dancing I felt eyes on me and I knew who it was as I went to sit on the couch and he sat next to me.

Wrapping an arm around he pulled me closer to his side and asked, "So... I saw Alaric follow you outside. You guys got something going on?" Wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Rolling my eyes I swat his arm off me and said ,"Get over it Mason we won't ever be a thing" cause I have a boyfriend already and your baby brother is being a major A-hole.

"Never say never" he teasingly said.

"That's why I didn't" I smirked, "I said 'ever' so...".

"Whatever but what about what you told me before".

~Flashback~

Mason came back from the base from his monthly absence. Rebekah and I were heading to the gym when Rebekah out of nowhere screamed, jumping from joy.