Chapter 1

*Unedited*

~Alaina~

From that moment it really didn't affect me as much as I thought. It's been a couple months and we have been completely normal with each other.

"I'm an artist I tell you" Elijah said sitting next to me.

"Psh the only thing you can draw are stick figures" I said holding back a smile and continued with my math problem.

"Oh yea?" He said starting to make a quick drawing.

Peaking over his shoulder I saw it was a picture of a guy with huge muscles and all such.

"You see that?"

"Yea?"

"That's me" Elijah said smiling like he was proud of himself. I started laughing because he exaggerated his look. Sure he had muscle but not THAT much to make him look like a meat head. He was a lean type of guy.

"Someone's being over confident and cocky with themselves." I said chuckling a bit.

"Ok watch I'm going to draw you and it will look amazing" quickly he drew something on the back of his worksheet. Knowing fully it wasn't going to be as he made it seem to be.

"Done".

Looking over his 'master piece' I saw a drawing of a circle with arms and legs with straws as hair.

"Did you really just call me fat?" I said to him calmly.

"Wait hold up" he quickly added a smiley face and completed it by writing my name and pointing it to the drawing.

"There" he said smirking.

"Fucking asshole" I said hitting his arm playfully causing him to laugh. Leaning over I erased my name and tried writing his over it.

"Ah ah ah", he said almost scolding me," don't ruin the master piece".

Pouting at him I just ignored him and continued to do my work.

"Oh come on don't be mad at me" he wined.

Ignoring him I talked to a couple of my friends in that class. Having a nice conversation until the bell rang. It was always me and him that stayed back since most of the time we just took our time.

"Hey Al! Hurry before we run late to class again" Cam yelled outside my class.

Turning to Elija I raised my eyebrow at him which he copied and I left him to go walk with my unsuspecting friend.

"What was that?" Cam questioned.

"Nothing. Just him being him as usual" I said sounding irritated.

Understanding Cam talked about the latest gossip that has occurred. Carefully listening I was watching Cam animatedly blabbering and moving her hands as she talks. I make my input here and there when I see in the corner of my eye Alaric.

Observing the golden boy with his blond hair, tall frame, earphones in with a straight face, and blue eyes covered with thick glasses. His sharp jaw line and we'll build body covered in a salmon colored shirt and khakis made him more attractive.

Only as we passed by I did the thing I couldn't do any more. I couldn't look him in the eye like I used to. I don't know why but I sometimes can just for a quick second before I fidget.

"Hey were you listening to me?" Cam asked me accusingly.

"Yea?"

"Ok what did I-"