Chapter 30

Merida woke up from her deep sleep. She stared at Hiccup, but he was still unconcious.

    The princess examined Hiccup's face. He looked peaceful as he sleep. His hair was covering his forehead and its tips are almost reaching his eyes. Merida noticed how his freckles scattered so cutely on his cheeks. Her eyes moved to his eyelids. She missed staring at his emerald green eyes and how Hiccup would stare back.

The infirmary was empty. The men that were once here are taken home, except for Hiccup. Merida felt sadder at the thought.

"I'll just go to the stables and feed Toothless." Merida sighed as she kissed his forehead.

Just as when Merida turned and was about to leave, a hand grabbed hers. She didn't turn. Merida's heart was racing as tears streamed down her face.

    "Merida." A voice croaked. That was when she turned to see Hiccup's green eyes and his wide smile. He still looked so tired, but he managed to smile.

"Hiccup." She whispered as she went to hug him. Hiccup groaned a little. "Sorry." Merida said, her tears were still falling.

"How long was I out?" Hiccup asked as he tried to sit up.

"Three days." Merida said. Hiccup sighed as he wiped her tears.

"Don't cry." He shushed.

"I was just so scared that you might not wake up." Merida sobbed.

Hiccup placed his forehead on Merida's. They stayed like that for a while, their eyes glassy with tears. "I missed you." Merida whispered. "I didn't know what to do when you were lying in the forest, unconscious. I called your dragon so he can help me get you to the castle.

"Astrid even visited you. She held your hand and said she really loved you."

"What?" Hiccup asked in surprise. "You let her hold my hand?" He pulled his head away from Merida's forehead.

"I didn't want her to. But she was so sad and broken so I just let her." Merida sighed, tightening her grip on Hiccup's hand.

A cocky smile formed on Hiccup's lips. "Were you jealous?"

Merida said, "Who wouldn't? I was worried that day. I asked myself who would you choose between us if you heard her state her feelings towards you."

"Well, who do you think would I choose?" Hiccup asked.

"Her?" Merida was sad as she said the word.

Hiccup chuckled a little, making his wound hurt. He stopped and groaned. "Whatever she says, I will always choose you, Merida. A girl like you is one in a million. You're brave, strong and-" He paused to look her straight in the eyes. "You have the most beautiful eyes that's even beautiful than a million stars."

     "Do you love me because I have beautiful eyes?" Merida asked, her left eyebrow raised.

     "No, that's not it. One day I hate you because I thought you took my mother, then I had the urge to kiss you so I did. And then, I did not notice that I started loving you." Hiccup chuckled.

"I love you, Merida." Hiccup said. "I know inside my heart and mind, that feeling will never change."

Merida laughed as their foreheads touched again. Their nose were touching and their lips were inches apart. She can feel his breath. She can feel her own heart racing like a horse racing in a derby. Hiccup held her hand as he closed his eyes, their lips brushing at each other. He closed the gap between them, and shared their most romantic kiss. Hiccup placed his other hand on her cheeks and the other was still intertwined with Merida. They parted for breath. They smiled at each other before kissing each other again.

She can feel her cheek burning up as their lips touched. Merida pulled Hiccup closer. She missed this. She missed him.

"You are hilarious Stoik." King Fergus exclaimed.

"Keep your voice low, Fergus." Elinor complained and turned her gaze to Hiccup's bed. Merida and Hiccup turned to face their parents staring at them. There was a long silence. Merida and Hiccup's cheeks were burning with embarrassment as they let out an embarrassed laugh.
------------
Author's Note: It's almost done! Gaaah how was this chapter? Lame? Or not lame?

Hey I started a book called "Three Dark Crowns" by Kendare Blake. Do you know it? First two chapters and I'm already loving it! Not like that "Me Being Me is Exactly as You Being You."

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Leave a comment, vote and share!

FanFicReader26 (Lady Duck)