Chapter 28

Merida sat beside Hiccup, waiting. The nurse said that he'll be fine and will wake up soon in a few days. Queen Elinor sat across her today, talking about lord Macintosh's death and how our men forfeited theirs.

    "I'm sorry this happened." Queen Elinor said, looking down at the poor young man.

    "You should have seen how he fought to protect me." Merida smiled despite from the weight her heart carries.

    "He really loves you." Queen Elinor said as Merida smiled. "He'll wake up soon." She added, kissing Merida's forehead before leaving the room.

    After a while, Merida went out the infirmary to pick flowers for Hiccup. As she picked a bunch of lavenders, Merida sighed. If she did not leave, she wouldn't have been captured and she wouldn't have met Hiccup. He wouldn't be lying here with a gashing wound.

But Merida knew that Hiccup changed her life. What will her life be without him?

    Merida stood, cradling the lavender flowers on her arms. Before she walked away, she saw Astrid hidden under the bushes. Merida drawed herself closer to see her.

    "Astrid?" Merida asked to reasure that it was her.

    "It is me, princess." Astrid said as she nodded. "I know you were there when we broke up."

    Astrid stepped closer to her, stepping away from the bushes. "I didn't tell Stoik because I don't want to mess up and I don't want Hiccup to despise me." She said.

    "Why are you here?" Merida asked.

    "I want to see him." Astrid said, her eyes pleading.

    "Why?" Merida asked again.

   Merida stared at the girl. "Would Hiccup be happy if I let her in? He's unconscious, isn't he? What if he wakes up and saw Astrid first instead of me?" She thought.

   "Please." Astrid pleaded.

    Astrid and Merida stood at the doors of the infirmary. Astrid's eyes searched for Hiccup even though Merida was already leading her to his bed.

His eyes were still closed. Valka was there, sitting beside his son. Astrid ran beside him, holding his hand. Valka patted Astrid's shoulder before leaving the room.

    A part in Merida's head thought that she must have decided wrong, but Merida didn't push Astrid away. It would be selfish of her to do that. Astrid was concerned not because he was her boyfriend then, but because he also was her friend.

She placed the lavenders into to the vase, placing the vase on top of the table.

    "I really love Hiccup. I was a fool to cheat on him." Astrid said as she stared at Hiccup's peaceful face. Merida did not know what to respond, so she didn't. "I wish I can have him back."

    Merida's hand was curled into a tight fist. She can't let the girl who hurt Hiccup win over him. Merida loved him so dearly that she would do anything just to make sure he was okay. She wouldn't risk seeing Hiccup get his heart broken again.

    "But I know I can't have him back." Astrid said before turning her head to Merida to look her straight to the eyes. "He already found someone who is capable of loving him more than how I loved him.

    "I love Hiccup, but I hurt him. He will never forgive me. Please, take care of him, Merida. He meant so much to me. I know he'll be better without me." As Astrid said her words, tears streamed down her face. "I wish I didn't cheat on him. If I didn't, he would have stayed with me."

    Merida hugged Astrid. "I will take good care of him. I love him with all my heart, Astrid." She said. "He's all I ever wanted. Even with all my responsibilities and duties, I felt free when I'm with him. I really wish he'd wake up soon so that I can feel his strong arms wrapped around my body and his soft lips against mine.

"I really love him."

    "I know you do." Astrid said, hugging Merida back. "I should head back and tell Chief Stoik that Valka is alive."

    "Please, tell him we want to speak with him too." Merida said.

    "I will, princess." Astrid bowed before she went out of the doors.

    Merida kissed Hiccup's forehead. "I love you, Hiccup. Please wake up soon." She whispered, placing a few of Hiccup's hair that covered his face to the side of his head.

-----
Author's Note: Oh my gosh! I haven't finished my Math assignment yet and my English slogan. I played the keyboard all night that I forgot I have assignments to finish.

But what do you think of this chapter? Lame? (T^T)

Vote, Comment and Share

FanFicReader26