TBC: Chapter Seven

Dr. Nicca James Alfarone

"Steve, what the hell is this?!" I shoved the card in his face but he refused to look at it, pushing it away and back at me. "Don't worry about Nicca." Steve rolled his eyes, fixing the cuff of his navy blue Giorgio Armani suit. "I have no idea what that means. It's probably just a prank some kid is trying to play on you. Don't be fooled by it." He ran a hand through his freshly gelled hair, taking a sip of his coffee.

"...right." I rolled my eyes, shoving the card back in my pocket. I didn't think some kid would be that dumb enough to walk up to someone else's house. What could would even write a note like that and what motive would they even have? To scare an adult out of their skin? That would most likely be that reason. "I just don't like how you're acting all nonchalant, like you just don't care." I scoffed, shaking my head. "It's whatever. I'll keep it to myself." I muttered, standing up to put my empty cup in the sink.

It bothered me how he wanted to come talk to me about all of his problems and things he dealt with in the real world, while I couldn't be bothered to talk to him about one simple card that had to mean something because it just had to. But he didn't care as usual. "Don't be a baby, Nicca. I do care." Steve sighed, reaching for me but I wiggled away, deciding that it was time for him to go to work. "It's past 7:30. I think you should leave so you can get there on time. Don't want you to be late, now do we?" I hissed icily as I rinsed my cup. 

I honestly really liked Steve and I wanted everything with him, but it seemed like he was only for himself, like a narcissist. I felt like he had some selfish tendencies, only wanting to do things that he wanted. He never asked me if I wanted to do anything, which bothered me but I had never said anything.

God, I was pathetic but I couldn't deny that I didn't harbor deep feelings for Steve. He made me feel special, made me feel things no other person has made me feel before and it shocked me to my core. But I wasn't so sure if it was love or not. We did everything together that a couple would do but it was surprising that we still haven't had sex yet but he told me that he was a sex maniac, meaning that he always wanted it.

So how come we haven't done anything dirty yet? I mean, I wasn't bad looking. I'd like to think that I had some appeal about myself but he hasn't once looked at me in that way that I hoped. Only fleeting kisses and warm hugs here and there, but nothing too special.

"Nic, babe don't be like this." I rolled my eyes, shutting the water off. "I'm not being like anything. I'm just merely telling you that work is important." I stated in a stoic tone and nothing has ever pissed him off more. "Listen Nicca, I'm getting tired of your attitude!" I looked at him with my eyebrows raised and a smirk dead set on my lips. "What attitude? The only one with an attitude here, is you." I pointed to him. "I'm relaxed as I could ever be." I smiled with a tilt of my head. "You're fucking pissing me off, Nicca! STOP BULLSHITTING ME!" He glared at me, his eyes filled with anger and I was almost afraid of him, but I had seen worse.

"Why are you so angry?" I asked, chuckling internally. "I was upset but now I'm not so I don't appreciate your tone." I stated calmly, my hands intertwined together as he stood to his full height. "I don't like pushing unnecessary shit onto my plate, like I give a fuck about it!" Steve ran a hand through his hair. "So what if someone gave you a random fucking note? Let it fucking go, damn! You're so needy with this fucking shit." He hissed and I clenched my fists. "Get the fuck out." I waved my hand towards the door. "I don't even have the energy to yell at you. Just go and get the fuck out." I huffed, wondering when he started acting like a baby.

I heard him growl a bit before snatching his belongings up and heading for the door. He made my blood pressure rise through the roof and I needed to calm down. This wasn't the first argument that we've had, no. Actually, we have been through many. We argued for weeks about the fact that he refused to meet my parents even after a month of dating. If this relationship was to go anywhere, he would have to meet the parental figures and I would have to do the same but it seemed like that wasn't a priority for him.