TBC: Chapter One

Dr. Nicca James Alfarone

"Does that mean your dick will shrivel up now?"

I narrowed my eyes up at the person who said that and gave them my meanest glare.

"No, you dumb ass!" I hissed at the blonde-haired man who all but threw his head back and I clutched the birthday cupcake in my head. "Even if it did, I would still get more guys than you and I'm not even gay." I retorted, laughing internally at the look of disdain that crossed his face.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my best friend even if I wish we weren't sometimes, Jose Grazi. He was taller than me at 6'1 and he had the most beautiful long blonde hair that sat on his shoulders and he was the epitome of masculine, besides the fact that he was gay and in need of a boyfriend.

"That's hurtful, Nicca." He pouted and I fought the urge to slap him across his face. Scoffing, I turned away from him. "What are we doing tonight?" I asked, knowing that he was going to want to spend my twenty-nine birthday with me. "Well, to celebrate my best friend entering his prime age," He stifled a laugh and I sighed. "We are going to the club. See if you can find you a nice girl and I can find me a nice, beautiful man." He gushed and I looked at him like he was stupid.

"You have problems that you need to get checked out by a doctor." I nodded affirmatively and he chuckled. "Then why don't you check me out, my sweet doctor?" He batted his eyelashes at me and I scowled. "Even if I was gay, I still wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole, you twat." I cackled and Jose folded his arms. I picked up my clipboard, placing my cupcake on the counter behind me.

"Dr. Alfarone!" I piped up from looking at my clipboard to see who was calling my name in such a irritating voice.

It was Mara, one of my nurses who couldn't stand me and I quite frankly, wanted to fire her. But I couldn't because she was one of the best nurses and it would look bad on my part. "What?" I replied in a monotonous voice as her eyes widened. "You're needed in room 143." She rolled her eyes and I fought the urge to flip her off.

But instead like the awesome person I was, I clasped the clipboard tightly to my side and bid my farewell to Jose. "Until tonight, gay man." I saluted. "Until tonight, shriveled penis." He saluted back before walking off and I made my way down the hall to the patient that needed me.

When I reached the room, I knocked on the door twice, grabbing the patient information file out of the bin on the door. "Come in." I heard a deep, gruff voice and I turned the knob, pushing in. I entered the room with a smile, closing the door.

"I'm Dr. A. How are you doing today?" I grinned and I shook the man's hand. "I'm Steve Bardlow and I'm doing fine. How about yourself?" The man replied and I got a good look at him. He was tall with brown hair and blue eyes. He wasn't bad looking. Maybe I should hook him up with Jose.

"I'm alright." I nodded, getting into doctor mode. "So here it says you have a common case of epilepsy along with something new: giardiasis." I said. "Does it hurt much?" I asked and Steve shook his head. "No but I do occasionally throw up and I find it hard to push out because I feel so full and it makes me uncomfortable." He stated and I nodded in response. "Okay, can you lie back for me on the bed and lift up your shirt halfway?" I questioned and he began to lean back. I walked over to the sink and washed my hands, drying them with a wipe and slipping on some latex gloves.

I walked over to the side of the bed and placed my hands on his stomach. "I'm going to push down. Tell me if it hurts." I demanded and I began to push down on random places. "Ow!" He groaned when I pressed down on the colon. "Right there." He hissed and I began to press down even harder, looking for signs of damage.