{Ch 8}

"I could start fires with what I feel for you

"I could start fires with what I feel for you. The sun could fade out and we'd see it through."
-David Ramirez
~~~~~

Leo P.O.V.

Days passed after the carnival and she was always busy. Hikes, parties, friends, something new. Most times she was out in the street biking with Jace, Tyrone, and Hunter. I was too nervous to go out there with them. It was mostly because of him.

Jace and Adrien seemed to have a special bond that I couldn't get in the middle of. Besides, the way she laughs at everything he does, the way they always held hands up the street from school, the way they screamed their song so loudly and proudly. It was shooting electrifying jealously through my veins. Not to mention, I heard from Noah, who heard from Peyton, who heard from Adrien that Jace had kissed her as a bet with Stacy the night we had a moment. A stupid money-dealing prank ruined the one chance I had with her. She's probably in love with him.

Who am I kidding? We are in highschool, we don't know love. Adrien told me love was when you looked into someone's eyes- that you held close to your heart- and you knew you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. She was such a hopeless romantic it made me chuckle at the thought. Now she's spreading her romance all over that brown-haired "best friend" of hers. I know I should be happy, as one of her actual best friends, that she likes someone. But I can't help the excruciating pain that shots through my body whenever she jokes with him.

It was exactly a week until the day that I was supposed to be getting my list of possible films. Thankfully, nobody here had seen me in my previous films yet. Well, that has told me anyways. So, I decided to keep getting my possibilities and maybe auditioning for a few. My agent told me that tons of directors want to hire me personally; why shouldn't I take the opportunity? Adrien would definitely want me to follow my heart and my dreams.

I mentally groaned at the thought. Not only does she like someone else, but now she's everywhere. I see her in crowds, in stores, in my home, In my phone, and in my mind. I can't stop thinking about her and she won't leave me. Maybe if I pinch myself I will wake up from this dream, or nightmare, or whatever you'd call it.

"Honey! Someone's here to see you." My mother called out from the living room.

I walked down my long hallway from my bedroom and into the living room. My house was the biggest on the street and we had renovations done before we moved in to make it more posh and expanded. It was incredible, to say the least. Not to mention the beautiful neighbor- I mean neighborhood.

"Hi Leo. Remember him?" My mom asked, pointing to our recliner.

I turned to the chair and saw Tobey Macguire, one of my best friends from my old town. Tobey has been in a few films as well and he had to move around the same time as I did because the paparazzi was getting insane. He stood up and extended his arms, pulling me into a hug.