1

"I brought your favorite wine, Mary. It's Merlot." Sherlock said as he walked into their bedroom. He heard them in the bathroom.

"You could have given us a heads up warning to when you were coming over." John told him. He was currently rubbing Mary's back as she vomited into the toilet.

"Wine is good for morning sickness. I estimated that today would be a rather hard morning." Sherlock told them. He put the bottle on the bed.

"Sherlock, you do know that pregnant women can't drink alcohol. It's unhealthy for the baby." Mary told him.

"It's only unhealthy if you get tipsy. Half a glass won't hurt the child." Sherlock insisted.

He went into their kitchen and grabbed a wine glass. He poured half of a glass and let it rest on the table. He looked through the cabinet's and found an Alka Seltzer. He dropped it in and let it fizz away.

Sherlock had the key to the whole place and knew where everything was. John and Mary didn't originally give him the key, but Sherlock stole the key and got a copy. But Mary let it go and didn't get mad. Now he usually came over when they weren't at the flat and he ranted about cases, or helped them out when John calls. Today Sherlock estimated the perfect time to help Mary out based on a schedule Sherlock started. He even had a white board at home with the sequence of events.

Mary finished retching and walked to the living room. John followed her suit. Her bump was just showing, but she was still fit and could run just the same. She always insisted on continuing cases with them until she couldn't run any longer. 

"I'll take the drink. I need it." Mary took the glass and drank half of what was in there. 

John sat at the bar table while Mary lifted her legs in the recliner. 

"Which case have you decided to work on?" John asked.

Sherlock's energy elevated and he started his tangent.

"This man came in, very intoxicated, and he starts talking to me about how he went on dates with his wife's ghost. 15 years after she's killed in a car accident! He says that he felt like he was hallucinating yet other people talked to her as well. I looked at the pictures he took, and realized that it was a man impersonating his wife! The guy got so sad that he shot himself in the living room. Lestrade came over last night and got it cleaned up, although Donovan is still pushing it and making me seem like a murderer." Sherlock finished.

Mary frowned. "That's horrible. I feel bad for him."

"Well at least now he'll be with his wife." 

Sherlock continued another tangent. Apparently that morning the imposter man came to Sherlock. It turned into a transgender story of some sort. Mary and John got lost halfway through but picked it up at the end.

"So the wife faked her death to transition. Then came back because he regretted leaving the man. And the husband didn't listen to him. That's a big mess, I must say." John tried writing everything down on a notepad.

"You can't get much weirder than that." Mary had to say.

Sherlock shook his head. "One time I got a man confess to me that he killed his wife. Long story short, he was actually dating a cow and he worked at a slaughter house." Sherlock summed up. Mary rolled her eyes.

"There's always worse, isn't there." 

"I'll go and get ready, then we can get back to the flat." John ran to his room to get changed. 

Sherlock watched Mary. She froze until she heard the shower turn on and John get in.

She dug through her pocket and threw it to Sherlock.