Another Language

Annabell's POV

Justin was asleep, still laying in the Dispensary bed. It had been only two days, and he was already able to sit up on his own. He wouldn't try walking.

I smiled and reached out. I was sitting in the chair, my hand in his. I used my free hand to play with his hair.

"Anna?" He mumbled, opening his eyes.

"Hey, Justin. How do you feel?"

"I'm thirsty."

"Should I go get you something?"

"Please?"

I got to my feet and walked away from him. His hand fell onto the bed when I pulled mine free.

I went to the school cafeteria and bought both of us some lunch. I knew he would complain, but he had to eat if he wanted to get stronger.

When I returned, Justin had some more visitors. Maka and a white haired boy were talking to him.

"I'm doing fine. I was thinking about trying to walk today." Justin croaked.

"The only way you're doing that is if you eat, Justin." I said, walking to the opposite side of his bed.

"Alright."

I eyed Maka and the boy and decided to talk to Justin in Japanese. The other two wouldn't be able to understand me because of how fast I spoke in Japanese.

"Ogenki desuka?" How are you?

"Watashi wa genki desu. Arigato." I'm fine. Thanks.

"Daisuki desu." I love you.

"Daisuki desu."

"What was that you were speaking?" Maka asked.

"Japanese." I answered, sitting in the second chair.

"Are you from Japan?"

"No. I've been there before."

"How are you so fluent in it?"

"Annie was assigned to the DWMA Japanese district a while ago." Justin said.

"Then I came here to learn from Justin. Now we are each other's Meisters."

Maka went silent. Justin looked at me and smiled. I gave him a half-hearted smile.

"I'll let you have time with your visitors. I'll be back later."

He tried to catch my hand before I walked away.