Battle for Brew

~Author's Note~

Here it is! I think this is chapter four. I can't remember. I'm leading up to the Battle of Brew, so hang in there! Thanks for reading, and be sure to comment and vote!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabell's POV

I looked at Justin when he stretched. We were sitting by the fire, relaxing in the cave for the rest of the day.

He folded his arms behind his head and stared above him. His music wasn't blasting like usual.

"Justin?"

"Yes?"

I was taken by surprise. He looked at me and smiled. "What is it?" He asked. I looked at my hands.

"We won't be together like this much longer, will we?"

"What do you mean?"

"Now that I'm able to use myself as well as you, Lord Death will assign me to do something else after the battle of Brew."

"He wouldn't." His eyes narrowed.

"You're in charge of the DWMA's Europe division. He's bound to assign me somewhere else."

"Do you have a mirror of some sort?"

"Yeah."

I gave my mirror to him, and he breathed on it. I sat next to him and watched as he wrote what he said aloud. "42-42-564." He whispered. The mirror started ringing, and Lord Death's laugh could be heard.

"Justin! What is it you need?" He asked.

Justin had taken out his earphones. "What is it you will make Annie do after the battle for Brew?" He asked.

"Hm? I haven't figured that out yet. After the battle, she will spend time here at the DWMA to help with some things before I really give her an assignment." Lord Death answered.

"You can have her assigned to Europe with me." Justin suggested.

"I'll think about it. For now, focus on the battle."

"Of course, Lord Death."

"Bye-Bye!"

Justin sighed and returned the mirror to me.

"Let's go. We've got a long trek ahead of us." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Justin's POV

I made her stop walking, and she looked at me. "What is it?" She asked.

"We're getting close to that island. I want to do something before we get there." I answered.

"What?"

I placed my hand on her neck after I pulled her closer. She stared at me. I smiled and kissed her. Her arms wrapped around my neck, and I pushed the kiss further. She broke away, and we both had ragged breaths.

"You'll be sent into the magnetic field. I had to do that in case you didn't come back." I whispered.

She smiled and touched my cheek.

"Scythe mode." I ordered. I took her hand, and she transformed into a scythe. I swung her around and smiled. "This would be fun if I were a Meister." I laughed.

"To me, you are a Meister." She said.

I smiled and started running.

~Timeskip brought to you by Water~

I pressed the brake on my dune buggy once I reached the magnetic field. Annie kissed my cheek before the ran in.

"Be safe." I whispered.

~Timeskip brought to you by Magnets~

Twenty minutes have passed since Annie entered the magnetic field, and I still haven't seen her. I was fighting against Giriko right now, so it kept me from thinking too much about her.

"Hyaaaaaa!" Someone yelled. I glanced up to see Annie. She was falling through the air, her sight on Giriko. He grunted when she slammed down on him.

She jumped to my side and instantly fell to her knees. She was breathing hard, and her body was severely affected by the magnetic field.

"Annabell? Are you alright?" I asked, getting on my knees next to her.

"I'll be fine." She huffed.

Giriko got to his feet and growled at Annabell. "It seems like I have a new toy!" He cheered.

I gasped when he ran toward us. I grabbed Annie's arm and pulled her onto me back. I got to my feet and ran as fast as I could with her weight.

Giriko laughed, and his chain wrapped around my ankle. He pulled it, and I tripped. Annabell tumbled through the snow and stopped several feet away. She screamed as Giriko's chain dragged her toward him as he walked around me.

I noticed that the chain was moving. He's cutting her leg! I thought. I reached out and grabbed his leg. I yanked it out from under him, and he fell. I scrambled to my feet and ran to Annie. She was unconscious.

"Hang on, Annie. I'll help you." I whispered.

~Timeskip brought to you by me not wanting to have Justin get his Ass kicked by Giriko while he tries to protect Annie~

We were on a boat, heading back to the main land. My dune buggy was loaded on a different boat. Annie laid on the floor in front of me, her head on a pillow and a blanket thrown over her.

"Do you need any medical attention?" Niagus asked me.

"No. Thank you, though. Just help her." I begged, my eyes staying on Annie.

Niagus nodded and stepped over Annabell. She looked at Anna's ankle and gasped when she saw the wound Giriko's chain caused. "Oh my. No wonder she passed out. This pushed her wound limit over the edge." She said.

She searched Annie for any other wounds. She told me that there were a few scratches and bruises that were forming. "There might be some internal injuries as well. She'll have to stay at the DWMA longer than Lord Death has planned." She added.

I sighed. Then I realized that I could hear it. Her music was playing. She never had that on unless she was awake.

Niagus, oblivious to the sound, got up and disappeared, jumping to another boat. I crawled forward and sat beside Annabell. I shook her lightly, and her eyes fluttered open.

"Annie? How do you feel?" I asked.

"I'm okay." She croaked.