Chapter 19: Put A Sock In It // Edited Again

Alisha's P.O.V.

"So how were your days?" Liam's asks from the couch. I groan and walk over the couch, laying down across it and clasping my hands over my stomach.

"Boring," I say quiet. "Freaking boring literature class.

"Mine wasn't so bad," he said happily. "My History teacher has the biggest boobs ever!" He continues, throwing his head back.

I sigh. I am about to say something mentally, like curse out his mother, but then I remember parents can't exactly control their children's thoughts when they're on the other side of the world.

I push my self up stand, walking over to Niall's bunk and climb the ladder, collapsing on it and snuggling up to him. "Hey, Ni," I say.

"Hey, Claire. What's up?" He asks enthusiastically, wrapping his arm around me.

"Nothing." I spot his iPod on the shelf that sticks out of the wall and sits next to the head of his bed like a table. "Got anything good?" I say, reaching over and grabbing it.

His eyes widen. "U-Uh, no, not really." He goes to grab it from my hands. I hold it out of reach.

"What's wrong, Ni? Scared I'm gonna see porn?" I laugh as he blushes furiously.

"Haven't you heard?" Louis calls from . . . somewhere.

"Heard what?" The innocence act? Of course I have, Louis.

"Niall is the 'innocent snowflake.' 'Doesn't know what sex is.' Or, at least, that's what the fans think," he explains.

I force a comforting smile at Niall, clicking on the Apple device. I tap on the Music icon and start scrolling through his music.

**

Finally, probably an hour later, I find a good song. "This is my jam, yo!" I shout excitedly.

'Debbie just hit the wall,
She never had it all
One Prozac a day
Husband's a CPA
Her dreams went out the door
When she turned twenty-four
Only been with one man
What happened to her plan?'

I smirk and begin belting out the lyrics to 1985.

"She was gonna be an actress,
She was gonna be a star.
She was gonna shake her ass
On the hood of Whitesnake's car!"

I laugh evilly as the boys groan simultaneously, clearly annoyed by my purposefully off-key singing. I smile and sing louder before exclaiming,

"Don't be a hater," playfully.

"It's our ears, love," Zayn mutters. "We've grown so used to cookie cutter boy and music that this is physically painful." Ah, yes, stereotypical Zayn. All dark and broody.

I roll my eyes and stop the song, hopping down from Niall's bed and landing on the beige carpet. I stalk back to my bunk and climb up, groaning. Louis snickers. "What's the matter, hormones got you down?" Then he whispers, "Or lack of sexual activity, if you know what I'm saying," to Harry. The curly haired boy just couldn't hold back as he burst into laughter.

"Put a sock in it, Lou," I say, flipping onto my stomach. I'm itching for action. I want to shoot something. I want to spar. I'm going insane without it.

"You sure it's a sock you want in it?" I can hear the smirk in Harry's voice as he talks.

I've had enough of these boys for about two lifetimes. I don't think, just act. I stand up and slide my feet into a pair of furry moccasins, swiping my room key off my dresser.

"I'll be back later," I call, yanking open the door and slamming it shut behind me.