Chapter 12: A Friend // Edited Again

Her tat is above / on the side

Alisha's P.O.V.

"Really?" Liam exclaims, looking astonished.

Louis nods and sighs. "By like, ten minutes! I swear, I thought I was next to a freaking Olympic runner, or something," he continues.

Niall laughs and Harry congratulates me. I chuckle. "Not a big deal, guys," I insist, faking shyness.

"What was that?" Harry asks sarcastically, cupping a hand around his ear for dramatic affect. "You say it's 'not a big deal'?" He fakes a gasp.

I sigh and walk faster, separating the distance between us. I really regret not staying late and deciding to go home at the same time as the boys. We were barely there for two hours, and now I have to deal with them bombarding me about how I outran Louis (which wasn't hard, but still - I kicked his ass).

I walk into our dorm building. As I pass the main office, I glance in the window to see a stressed looking Lisa staring blankly at the wall. I chuckle before pushing the door open, gaining her attention from the wall. This woman seems to never sleep.

"Hi, Lisa," I greet.

"Oh! Claire! How are you?" She asks excitedly.

I nod. "I'm good, yourself?"

She shrugs and glances at the door behind me before motioning me towards her. I unsurely take a few steps before she walks up her side of the counter.

"Look, I could potentially be risking both out lives and your mission, but I know who you are," she says in a barely audible whisper.

I force a look of confusion. "What do you mean- 'You know who I am?" I say. "I'm just a girl from America that got sent here because my parents decided to travel the world."

She rolls her eyes and grasps my wrist. "I know this mark," she gestures to my tattoo. "You're with Laser."

I shake my head. "I got this tattoo in memory of my grams who passed away. I have no clue what you're talking about," I say.

She releases my wrist and looks me dead in the eye. "Look," she rolls up her long sleeve, revealing the same tattoo as me. Hers has less markings on the inside, so she must've either gotten out early or not bent sent on too many missions. The stray lines inside the shape represent how many kills you've gotten, and hers only has one. Whereas mine has eleven, only because they ran out of space and I refuse to get another one printed on my body.

I shrug. "What a coincidence," I state.

She sighs. "Michael called me and told me if you needed anything to help you. I'm supposed to be a 'guardian-angel' type thing while you're here," she looks around the room, "and that if anyone from Gefahr showed up, to protect you with my life," she insists.

I can't fight back the gasp that escapes. Gefahr knows where I am? "I believe you, I believe you! But do they really know where I am?" I ask.

"Michael said something about a German mole on the inside, said they gave Gefahr your tracker ID and they've been tracing you," she says sorrowfully.

I nod slowly, absorbing the information. "So, they could be here at any time? They could be here right now? I could've already been comprised?"

Lisa grips my shoulders tightly. "I used to work with Laser, but now I'm rogue. Michael helped me escape," she smiles slightly, "and I'll do anything for him. I owe him my life. And if that's protecting yours with my own, so be it."

I shake my head. "I need to protect you-"

"No!" She snaps.

"Hello? World's most dangerous and trained assassin is offering to protect you over here." I say sarcastically.

She averts her eyes to every aspect of the room and lifts her hands from my shoulders. "It was nice seeing you again, Claire. I hope you pay me a visit another time soon, shall you?"

I bit my lip, nodding. "I shall." Why the fυck are we talking like this?

She returns her bubbly persona and walks quickly back to her desk, offering me a wave. "I look forward to it."

I smile before heading back to the lobby and see the five idiots enter. I sigh before turning around and walking to the elevator. I press my finger to the up button. It dings a few seconds later, and the chatter and laughter from the boys quiet.

"Oh, hey, Claire!" Harry calls. "Wait up!" Before I can force the elevator doors to shut, the boys force themselves in and their laughing immediately starts again.

A/N

Sorry that it took so long!

And, NO, IT'S NOT NECESSARILY A HARRY ROMANCE FANFIC.

SO CALM YOUR CLARRY FEELS.

:)

I don't even know who she should be with while she's Claire!

But I know who Alisha's going to be with!

And you don't get to know!

* giggles evilly *

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!

Well... Erm... This is going nowhere...

~ Don't pour boiling water on your feet ~

Xx -Rachel