Before

" David, what are you doing?" I asked as the android stood above me, his hands holding my cheeks gently.

" You were screaming and thrashing." He said, staring at me with concern.

" Just a nightmare about the ship blowing up. I'm fine." I said shakily pulling away.

" No, you're not." He pulled the covers back and climbed into bed with me.

" David you don't need..." I tried to say but he pulled me into an embrace and told the lights to dim.

" I want to Laura, and there is nothing to fear. The Prometheus is one of the best and will be safe. You made it and you know it will succeed. I will be safe and return. Hopefully, with the answers, Mr. Weyland seeks." He pulled me closer and placed a kiss on my forehead.

" What if you find nothing?"

"Then I will still come back."

"What if you can't!" I cried.

He remained silent. I felt him lift my chin up and made me look into his eyes. He wiped my tears away with the other hand and rewrapped them around me, pulling my head to where his heart would be. Instead of a steady beat, I heard the faint sound of gears and other mechanics working to keep him going. I build things similar to him every day, yet I feel as if he is more human than anybody than I ever have known.

"Even if I can't, I will never stop thinking about you. Laura in the seemingly short time I have known you, you have completely enamored me. The only thing on my mind right now is not the mission or Mr. Weyland, it's you. And it's because you treat me with respect, you take pride in what you create, unlike my own creator. You are merciful in the face of others mistakes, and when you laugh, especially at our own terrible jokes, well, if I had a human heart it would break because it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard." He paused to bury his face into my hair. " And I hope that I will be able to see you again after the mission, If I don't I would kill my own creator in his..." I pulled away to look into his eyes

"David." I say stopping him because I could already hear the regret of those words. Despite everything David still cares for Mr. Weyland, he is his father, his creator, his god.

" I'm sorry." He muttered, looking down.

I smiled sadly and wrapped my arms around him. I pulled him closer till our noses touched.

" You don't need to be sorry. Who hasn't wished their parents dead? I hope I get to see you again after its all over. Though my parents won't be happy." I smirked.

" And why not?" He pretended to be offended.

" Well besides the fact that you are very much an android and couldn't give me children and them grandchildren. There is the fact that I am 15 and you look to be almost 30." I sassed.

" Well the mission will take eight years to complete, so by then, your parents cannot judge. And as for the child predicament, I'm sure your sister will have that covered." He said cheekily. 

" David, she is 12!" 

" And already a troublemaker, and has your looks, so no doubt it will happen."

" Your such an ass sometimes."

" And you a brat, now it is 3 am, and I think you'd like to get some more sleep. Mr. Weyland and Ms. Wickers will be visiting to examine the finished ship." He said, turning me on my side, throwing the covers over us, and spooning me.

" So basically meet the in laws." I snorted.

"Shut up and sleep. I'll wake you when its time." 

I hmphed and he chuckled. The vibrations sent a pleasant chill down my spine. I curled my self into a ball, against his chest and slowly drifted off.