Chapter Four: Hazy Days

THE VIDEO ABOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY I JUST FOUND IT AND REALLY LIKE IT I THINK IT IS COOL DONT JUDGE PLZ K THX 

Jack's POV

I don't necessarily know what came over me when Mark said he had to leave, I guess it was the fact that all my friends left. I had no one and it made me said to see a possible friend leave. I know it must be scary for Mark though but sadness just coursed through me. I was glad when I felt Mark try and comfort me, it showed me that he was kind hearted. I brought him up for a hug and the silly duder fell asleep.

After I washed my face seeing as I had residue I took Mark to my room and made him a little bed out of a clean shirt. While carefully laying him down then tucking him in he let out a small yawn and cuddled in the fabric. "AWEE!" I put my hands over my mouth and couldn't but help giggle at the cuteness in front of me. I slowly crept my index finger and pet Mark's hair, to my surprise it was super soft. 

Since it was getting late I decided to take the tucked away Mark and set him on a spare pillow I had while carefully getting into my bed. After a few failed attempts, "Fuck it" I slowly moved Mark from the shirt bed and held him to my chest before getting in. I ended up falling asleep with Mark on my chest and my hand over him to keep him safe.

Mark's POV

The dreams of my people screaming in terror had come back, my mom and dad dragging me and my brother away while our home was destroyed. I was really young at the time but I still have vague dreams about it. I woke up in a hot sweat, I couldn't move, I panicked and tried to see what was going on, but it was hopeless. The ground beneath me moved, I soon remembered how I feel asleep in Jack's hands. "Fuck.. oh god.. I am going to die aren't I." 

I couldn't help but cry at that point as worry set throughout me. It was hard to see, but I am certain that I woke Jack up with my sobbing because a finger came and landed itself on my head and stroked my hair. I felt a loud rumble underneath me before hearing a calming 'shhh it's okay..' I knew from the day before that Jack was kind enough to not hurt me and I was going to be okay. So I calmed down enough to go back to sleep.

The next day :o

With the sun out I was able to see that the force holding me down last night was just Jack's hand, I giggled to myself as I was silly to freak out. He probably did it as a safety net so I wouldn't get crushed, and with that I gave off a sigh of relief. It was probably mid day however and I hadn't eaten for awhile, my stomach reminded me with a low growl. Jack was hungry too as I could hear several low rumbles coming from his stomach. I did my best to not think about how some humans tended to eat my kind when found, as I figured Jack wouldn't do that. 

Jack's POV

Mark wasn't the only one to have a rough night's sleep as I mainly stayed away for fear I might accidentally roll over and hurt him. It was really late and I am guessing Mark woke up as I heard some whimpers coming from him. Not knowing how else to comfort him I stroked his hair while whispering to him that he was okay, it worked because a few moments later he went back to sleep. Once I knew he was okay I fell asleep as well.

When the sun rose up I woke up to a already awake Mark who seemed to just be staring at the ceiling. After hearing my stomach grumble I decided to get up and make breakfast. "Hey, Mark are you hungry?" It was like that is what he was waiting for because almost immediately he shouted "YES." I laughed and slowly pushed myself off the bed to go make food for both of us. 

Once I got into the kitchen I placed my hand on the counter so Mark could hop off, and began to ponder what to make. "So, uh, what do you want to eat Mark?" He was now sitting with his hand on his chin, he yawned before saying, "What about pancakes?" I nodded smiling, and began to pull out the ingredients, as well as a griddle, Mark watching my every move curiously with his almond brown eyes.