Wrongful Lust | 44

Start from the beginning

While I was watching Finding Dory I got a FaceTime call. It was from Donovan. I hadn't spoken to him since they were over here, I totally forgot I had his number. Honestly, I totally forgot he existed.

"Hey what's up" I said as I answered the call

"Hey beau, Dillon filled me in on what's been going on and I just wanted to check up on you" He said

This nigga.

"what did he tell you exactly?" I asked so then I wouldn't say anything self incriminating

"everything from the night at the club up to when you guys kissed" He chuckled

"I'm good I guess"

"did they ever find the nurse?" He asked

"nah, the cops are supposed to be coming over monday to get a statement from me" I answered

"oh okay, well listen..." He sighed

I knew what was coming next.

"Dillon and I believe that maybe it's not a good idea-"

"for me to be with Damien" I said cutting him off "you mean Dillon believes that?"

"from what he's told me I have to agree with him on this one. I love my cousin, and I think he's an amazing guy but not for you. you guys have known each other for what? four or five months and you're already taking bullets for him. I gotta admit that shows commitment and love but you don't know what's next, what if next time it's not only your legs you lose but what if it's your life?"

"I've thought about all of this, I'm not stupid, I know"

"so then why do you continue to be with him?" He asked

"I don't know. I can't explain. I just don't want to give up on what we have because of something he has no control over" I said

"I understand, I wouldn't want to do it either if I were put in your position but you have to think about yourself for once. you're talented, brilliant, and most importantly young. you deserve to have a long life that is not filled with all this drama. I'm not trying to tell you to go be with Dillon, I actually don't even think that's a good idea, but I just want you to make good choices for yourself"

"I am making good choices for myself"

"no Adonis, you're not. without Damien even asking you to, you risked your life to save his son. that was brave of you, but it wasn't a good decision. as long as your with him you're gonna keep making the same mistakes that will lead you down a path that you don't want to go down" He explained

"I feel like I'm being lectured"

"maybe you are, anyways think about what I said. hope you heal quickly" He said with a smile before ending the call

At this point I don't even know what do do. His own brother and cousin don't want us together, his mother hates us being together, and what sucks is that they're all right. His mother is right because we're two different age groups and it would be dumb of us to ignore that. Dillon and Donovan are right too because this relationship is causing me more pain than actual love.

Now I'm not going to sit here and pretend that these four months with Damien have meant nothing to me, that would be a damn lie. But as I just said it's only been four months. What's going to be going on in a year if we're still together, are there any more exes I'm going to have to worry about. He's said it himself, he's fucked a lot of people, what if they get jealous and all of a sudden want him and would do anything in order to get him. Or what if he's pissed off some people in the past that he's not telling me about, lord knows that he's lying about Casey.