Chapter 4 - Production

Third person omniscient

As everyone slept, the renovation crew arrived and rang the doorbell. Raylyn shows them to the attic and lets them know the kind of floors she would like and shows them the paint she had Aubrey buy. Once they get to work, she gets in her bed and starts looking for ways to cook meth, crack, and heroine. You'd be surprised at the recipes online.

While she taking notes, Royce walks in rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong bro bro?" Ray asked scooting over to make room for him. "I miss them" he says with watery eyes. "I do too, more than you can imagine, sometimes I tell myself they are alive and got kidnapped, well adultnapped" Ray says making Ro smile at the small joke.

"I guess that's better than them being 6 feet under dirt." He said putting his head on her shoulder. "Yeaa, but we know what the reality is. Do you wanna go to the cemetery later?" Raylyn asks hoping it will cheer Ro up.
"Yea, actually could we go right now while they are asleep?" Ro asked referring to Au and Kim.

"Yea lets go" ray says. Deep down she didn't want to go, she didn't want to stand in front of a tombstone and talk to her parents, it hurt her too much. However, she had to be strong for her brother, Ro needed her to be a mother,father, and big sister. Raylyn was willing to be all of those things to him, it was just kind of hard considering she is still raising herself.

A few minutes later they were in Raylyn's car driving down the street to the cemetery. They had bought two dozen of white roses to set on each grave. "Alright Ro, lets go do this." Raylyn said, nervous herself. She had only been here when they were burying them. It was harder for her because she spent more time with them , and was bestfriends with her mother.

Raylyn let the tears fall as she set the flowers on her mother's grave. "God I miss you." She whispered. Ro did the same but as soon as he sat the flowers on his fathers grave, he broke down. "Whyyyy? God why me? What did I do so wrong?" He yelled as he held his arms in his lap.

"I know it's hard Ro, I miss them too. They didn't deserve to leave the way they did at the time they did." Ray said still crying but holding Ro in her arms. They sat there and cried for another 30 minutes before Raylyn decided it was time to go. "Cmon we have strangers working on our house and we aren't even there." She smiled a little.

"Yea, I'm hungry. Chick-fil-a?" Ro asked. "Yassssssssss!" Ray said making them both laugh. They got their food and returned home.

Royce

It really did feel good letting all of that out. I guess that's why I had been acting the way I have lately, I just wanted to distract myself.
Ray isn't perfect but she's there for me whenever I need her to be and I always know she has my back. She's a true ride or die.

Her friends too, they treat me like I'm their little brother also. They buy me stuff and give me advice whenever I don't feel like going to Ray. Plus they some fine motherfuc- let me stop. I just got done crying for dam near an hour. Maybe them moving in won't be so bad after all, we can be one big weird happy family, something I haven't had in 2 years.

Raylyn

It's been awhile since Ro opened up to me like that. That lets me know that I need to check on him and talk to him more. Seeing him break down reminded me that I'm no longer a daughter, I'm a mother and sister. I can't depend on anyone to watch out for Ro the way I would or to take care of him the way I do. That's all my responsibility, and I'm willing to handle that.

"Ms.parker we have just finished laying down the flooring, the paint is still drying but besides that we are done!" The man said, breaking my train of thought.

"Oh okay, how much do I owe you again, please follow be to my office so we can discuss this." I asked walking towards her office.

"We it was originally $2,670 but The attic wasn't as hard as we thought it was going to be, which is why we finished it so quickly. So I'm thinking let's take a grand off of that." He said.

Thank god cause I really didn't want to put that much money into just renovating, we still had to buy the weed plants, along with the other things to make the other drugs. "Okay,
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 1,000. 1,2,3,4,5,6, 700z I know we said $1670 but I dot. Want to break the bill." I said as she counted the hundred dollar bills out to him.

"Thank you! Please don't hesitate to call when you need other work done! We will put you first." He said smiling hard. Mhmmm that's just that cash talking. "Will do, actually I'll be hitting you up in a few days to paint a few rooms for me so keep your phone on you" I told him. "Oh yes ma'am!" He said closing the front door.

Aubrey

I woke up to the sound of hearing Ray and a mean speak. I'm not sure what For so I'm about to go and check it out. "Hey girl, who was that?" I asked still rubbing my heavy eyes.

"The renovation crew. They will be back over soon to paint you room, along with all of ours. I'm getting tired of purple, I'm thinking black." Ray said thinking about it. " Nahh then it would be super dark. I thought you said I need to hop on the blue train?" I laughed at her.

"You do, I think I'll get a dark blue then." Ray says. Today is Friday and I have been living here for 2 days. I feel bad because I haven't brought anything to the table and she is paying for everything. "I think I'm going to get a job." I blurt out. "Why? We have already talked about how we are going to make our money." Ray says.

"I know but we will need a cover story anyways. It's going to be obvious when we start depositing money and have no jobs." I argue. "You right! I guess you would know considering your the daughter of a cop." She jokes.

"In thinking about applying to chick-fil-a" I tell Ray. "Alright girllll" she says as she walks away.