He could be "nice" sometimes, maybe friendly and helpful too- but he always... felt somewhat distant. So cold and far away. Something untouchable.

Itachi stretches his right arm and extended his hand.

With the Uchiha's hand extended, he thought the other was going for a handshake. He stared at it and scratched the back of his head in confusion. He decided to shake the hand, thinking about how the business millionaire C.E.O. guys always do in movies. Yeah, that had to be right.

Then he realised something in the older man's hand by then. A...An... envelope?

What?

H-He was sure it wasn't in Itachi's palm before..! He would noticed so if not.

They called him a ninja (no, they didn't) for a reason! If he wasn't able to detect it...

"Magic." Itachi muttered, as if he read his mind. Naruto stared at him in disbelief but slowly understood. He noded towards the other in aprovement.

Itachi... was one of those characters in animes- the type who does all the miracles from behind the scenes. Of course he was, the signs were all there. Good looking, kind smile, mysterious aura...

"It's a voucher." Itachi proceeded to explain, handling it to Naruto. "Please come again, Naruto. It'd be nice to see a friend of Sasuke's once in a while. You see, he doesn't have many- if not any."

Naruto laughed and blurted, "I can see that. With an attitude like his, what could one even expect?"

Then he realised. This was the said person's brother who he just met he was speaking to. It probably wasn't a fantastic idea to insult Sasuke so openly. Especially when his older brother seemed protective over him.

But Itachi looked amused.

Naruto's worries faded in an instant. He noded inwardly to his own statement. It was true after all, right? And perhaps Itachi even agreed deep inside.

Itachi turned his head.

From the corner of his eyes, Naruto saw that Sasuke had just exited the restaurant. An annoyed expression was displayed clearly on his face as he walked towards the car faster than usual to avoid the many stares on him.

Itachi spoke in a very fast pace this time, "Thank you, Naruto. Good luck on your project with Sasuke. If you need any help, I'm of course willing to lend a hand. I'm telling you this because Sasuke's-"

"-'Sasuke's' what? " came a voice from behind Itachi. The person who was mentioned stood with arms crossed, eyes piercing as ever. Naruto shivered slightly and faced another direction in a quick attempt to act like he wasn't taking part in the conversation. Wait. That obviously wasn't a look Sasuke was supposed to give to his beloved brother. Despite that...

Itachi smiled and continued, "You're a little kid who doesn't know how to accept help."

"A brat." Naruto summarised kindly.

Sasuke shrugged yet kept his mouth shut, a small "hn" escaping his tight lips. Guess he couldn't deny so either.

He smacked Itachi's shoulder away and asked him to move to give him the space to get in the car. Itachi did as told and merely walked away without a word.

Sasuke got in the driver's seat and let out a tired breath.

"What? No goodbye to Itachi-san or anything?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke shrugged. "We see each other almost every day." he explained and added, "I've kind of gotten fed up with his face."

"His protagonist-like face?"

"..."

If this was the normal situation Sasuke would ignore Naruto and his [1]weeb remarks.

"My face would be more fitting for a protagonist." he replied instead, this time.

Naruto nearly spitted into the non-existenal coffee he was holding.

Narcissistic. The next time he met Itachi, he sure needed to inform him so. That Sasuke is a pure narcissist when he had friends.

---

About an hour had passed. Sasuke was still driving. Naruto slept.

Sasuke stared at the road, thankful that he didn't have to hear the blond's babbling about anime, anime, anime. He loved anime too, but talking about anime... just wasn't his thing. More specifically, perhaps talking itself just wasn't his thing.

Bored, Sasuke shuffled his playlist.

[2]
Koi ga umareru kimi no naka de

Koi wo shiyou yo kisu suru mae ni
Koi wo shiyou yo me wo mitsumete
Koi wo dakishimete-

Sasuke cursed under his breath. He was certain that he never downloaded Boku No Pico's opening song. Never.

Why would he? He sighed.

That usuratonkachi...

Someone had messed with his playlist and there was only one obvious suspect. Of course, Naruto. When did he steal Sasuke's phone, would be a mystery worth telling one day.

He glanced at the sleeping blond beside him. Head on the shoulder of the seat, saliva falling from his opened mouth and looking dumb as ever. That was Naruto Uzumaki for you.

Yet Sasuke turned his head and stared again.

His breath hitched, and he began to wonder who was the real idiot here.

---

He stopped at what was supposed to be Naruto's apartment. Naruto had to direct him where to drive, which turn to take and such because he forgot his address. Forgetful idiot.

"Home sweet home." Sasuke mumbled, unlocking the car for Naruto to get out.

Naruto shrugged. "Home isn't a place, y'know."

Sasuke didn't reply and continued to glare at the other.

"Thanks a bunch for the free meal. I'll give you the pleasure to treat me again next time. Just let me know." Naruto said as he got off the car. "Free things are nice."

Sasuke kindly slammed the door shut for Naruto.

"What a gentleman." Naruto muttered and walked away sourly. Sasuke watched, feeling half bad for his action.

Not really.

But he couldn't help thinking that it would be Naruto-he stared at Naruto's back-that if they were in an anime, Naruto would be the protagonist. All optimistic, sunshine and happy.

He sighed. The blond was really starting to influence him. To even think about the "protagonist" shit and all...

Jeez. Damn you, Naruto.

---

A/N: Thanks for reading again. Vote/comment if you wanna~

Btw totally off topic but I recommend this manhwa "That Summer" by Kim Hyun. GO GO READ ITTT!!!!

[1] weeb - short form for the word "weeaboo", a person who's obsessed with the japanese culture such as tradition, anime, etc etc. but here, i didn't mean the annoying kind of weeb. i meant like an otaku, but an obsessed-almost-as-if-he-was-weeb. honestly, i'm not sure how to explain. just ignore it would be best.

[2] koi wo shiyou yo - it's the opening song for boku no pico apparently. i didn't watch so i wouldn't know for sure. just added that part for the trolls xD