"Hey Dad, It's Dani." There was rustling picking up through the receiver, then the phone beeped softly, obviously going onto speaker.

That's new.

"Hello Danielle." I could hear mum, a little further from the phone, but audible.

"What do you want Danielle?" My dad, his voice firm, questions. In the far background I could hear classical music playing.

"I just..." Taking a deep breath, I continue, "We got an offer from Capitol Records. And they asked for us to come in and have a meeting with them at 6:30 tonight, but we need to bring adult's with us. And so if you are around, Coral, Mia, Faith and I were wondering if you would come as our adults."

The receiver was silent, apart from the music playing in the background. I could just imagine my parents right now having a conversation through their stoney facial expressions.

"We can try and make it Danielle. We are on the other side of the city though. It would have been polite to give us more warning."

"Sorry Dad." Connor gently squeezes my shoulder, distracting me from the call.

"If we don't get there, make sure someone else is there." The motherly tone in my mums voice filled me with hope.

"Okay." I don't really know what to say. We don't normally have heart to hearts.

"We have to go Danielle. We need to get everything sorted here so we can leave if we need to get to Capitol records at 6:30. We will see you tonight." The phone is quickly silenced, signalling that they are gone.

Quickly, before chucking my phone back across the room, I send the girls a message.

'They are going to try and get there. We need a backup incase.'

"As weird as it is to say, I'm proud of you." My cheeks go instantly red. Turning around, so I was positioned with my back to the wall, my legs crossed in front of me.

"Thanks..." Connor moves to mirror my position, resting his head on his propped hand.

"So was there something you wanted to talk about? Or did you just want see me." Smirking at Connor, I look up at his eyes, to see him smiling as well.

"I did come over to tell you that I got a call on the way home asking about what my plans were for after school, and how, on condition of my results next year, UFCR wants to offer me a place. But I think that wanting to see you is a better reason."

"Oh my gosh! Well done! Just-" I quickly leap forward, wrapping my arms around his neck, placing my lips on his. Instantly he responds, sending butterflies throughout my body. His hands, tentatively hold onto my waist, whilst mine loosley grip his neck. I had positioned myself onto my knees as I moved in, while Connor somehow has moved his legs so they bent slightly on either side of mine. He was at the same level as me, even though I was on my knees.

We stayed in the same position, locked together, for a blissful minute, before Joel comes stomping up the stairs.

"Dani! You have to answer your phone! Coral called me. She will be here in 15 minutes!" Just before he walked into sight, I quickly spring back, landing almost gracefully against the end of the bed, whilst Connor hugs his knees up to his chest, distancing us.

Joel walks into the room, almost instantly freezing.

'"Maybe you guys should only be allowed in the living room." His eyes lock onto mine, amused, but firm.

"Maybe..." I chuckle as Connor smiles, both of us looking at Joel.

"Well, just answer your phone. Coral. 15 minutes. Here." He exits the room, giving Connor a glare.

As soon as Joel's footsteps disappear, I spring up from the bed, racing to my phone, seeing heaps of message notifications. In there, were also photos of outfits. We all had not much of a clue what to wear.

Coral had chosen a soft lilac skirt, which was about knee length, and a high necked black top. Mia had chosen a red and navy striped ¾ sleeve dress. Faith, like Coral was wearing a slightly shorter and tighter burgundy corduroy skirt, and a white lace top.

I look at the outfit I layed out. A white tank top, black jean shorts and a thin floral bomber jacket.

"You need to go." I look at Connor, his face bright red.

"Okay. But let me know everything that happens okay?" Nodding, I push him out of the room, waiting til the coast was clear to close me door and quickly change into my outfit. I brush my hair into its usual high ponytail, and brush on light makeup.

The doorbell rings suddenly. I slip on my vans, and grab my bag filled with demos.

I quietly give myself a miniature pep talk.

Let's do this.