Seokjin glances over just in time to see a boxy grin spread across Taehyung's lips. It's only when the makeup noona brushes some powder across his cheekbones and asks him to keep his face neutral that Seokjin realizes that he's smiling, too.

He's able to escape the clutches of the makeup artist a few minutes later, and the thought of Taehyung leaves his mind entirely when Hoseok calls him over to film another scene with Sooyeon. It's a relatively short sequence, and all the shots take only a little over half an hour to film. After that's over, and after he says a quick farewell to Sooyeon, who's leaving early since she has to come back in early for shooting, Seokjin gulps down some water as he watches Taehyung nervously walk over to film this next scene.

Taehyung is picking at the hem of the school uniform, bangs untidy and hanging over his face. His gaze keeps flitting around, lingering on Hoseok and Seokjin and the cameraman who is not Jungkook and the other crew members before seeming very interested in his sneaker-clad feet. Seokjin wonders why Taehyung is always so quiet around him when he's always chattering away to everyone else. The first time they'd talked he seemed cheerful, but every time after that he'd become increasingly quieter. Did he come off as rude or something? He hopes not; he kind of wants to know more about Taehyung.

Soon, an hour of filming flies by with significant progress. The sun sinks down below the horizon, and so does Seokjin's energy levels. (Which might be a good thing, since Joonhee is supposed to be tired.)

After a quick break, where Seokjin steals a bite of Sejin's burger, they continue filming. He's outside now, and has to chase Taehyung down the street and into an alley where he ultimately catches him.

"Stop once you've disappeared into that alleyway, okay?" Hoseok says, pointing at the gap in between the buildings where the two will be running. "We'll film the part down there separately."

Seokjin nods, rubbing at his eye and quickly stops when he catches the eye of a makeup noona. "Got it."

"Action!"

Seokjin starts running, sprinting, trying to keep the boy in sight. He reaches his arm out to grab something, but his fingers just grasp at thin air. Taehyung slips into the alleyway, and after an unintentional stumble, Seokjin follows.

They shoot the scene a few more times from various angles. By the fourth reshoot, Seokjin is coughing; Taehyung glances at him in concern as he gulps down some water.

("I'm fine, Hoseok. Seriously. Let's just finish filming this now, it'll be easier than doing it tomorrow night."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive.")

"Action!"

Taehyung darts into the darkened alley and Seokjin is fast on his heels. He manages to grab the backpack and swings the younger around to push him against the wall, hands gripping his forearms in a certain way to make it look like a tighter hold than it actually is.

Joonhee is supposed to be furious, but Seokjin falters.

Taehyung is staring at him with eyes blown wide, lips parted and chest heaving. His hands are curled into tight, scared fists and the soft fringe hanging in front of his eyes only add to the image of vulnerability that he's projecting.

Seokjin falters, lets go, can't bring himself to yell at this kid, this sweet, adorable kid.

Somewhere in the back of Seokjin's mind he registers Hoseok's voice yelling out, "Cut!" and he steps away, blinking in confusion as Taehyung's expression mirrors his own.

"Seokjin hyung, are you sure you're okay?"

"Um." Seokjin looks at Hoseok. "I'm... tired."

Taehyung is staring at him with a concerned gaze and a creased brow as his fingers restlessly twist the hem of his shirt. (Seokjin wonders how he'd ever disliked him.

He also thinks that if Seokjin was anyone else, Taehyung would be reaching out and animatedly asking if he was okay instead of just staring at him.

What the hell had he done wrong?)

Hoseok sighs, reaching up and draping an arm over Seokjin's shoulders. "You should've said that earlier, hyung. Don't worry about how long filming'll take; your health is important." He glances back and beckons for Taehyung to follow as they go back into the more brightly lit street. "Okay?"

"Okay, mother," Seokjin deadpans, and hears a giggle (a giggle, how fucking cute is that?) from behind him. Taehyung ducks his head the moment he makes eye contact with the elder.

"Don't give me that sass, young man," Hoseok is saying, and Seokjin looks back and snorts very unattractively, lightly shoving the younger male.

"I'm older than you."

"Whatever."

Light stands are put away and makeup is wiped off, and Seokjin grabs all his stuff to go back home. "See you, Hoseok," he says, clapping the man on the back as he pores over the camera with one of the cameramen. The director wordlessly offers him a wave, and Seokjin chuckles to himself before turning away to follow Sejin into the car.

On his way out, he spots Taehyung, who's following his own manager into a vehicle. He has a face mask on, and he blinks sleepily as he shuffles towards the car. After a second of thought, Seokjin calls out, "Bye, Taehyung-ssi!"

Said boy looks over in surprise, eyebrows raised as he pulls the mask down. "O-Oh," he stutters, tentatively lifting his hand to wave at him, "bye, sunbaenim!"

A second passes. Two. Three.

Taehyung's lips curl up into an awkward smile, and Seokjin positively beams.

the long overdue second chapter is here! please let me know what you guys think :)