{Emilia-16}

I still want to see Shawn today, so I told my parents I was going to the library to study, since I don't go out much they believed me when I took all my books. I made a quick dash to the park though, and waited for Shawn at the swings, he still isn't there yet but it's only 2:55. I just sit on the swing until I feel someone pushing me on the swing, of course it was Shawn.
"Why did you bring your books?" He furrowed his eyebrows and laughed.
"I told my parents I was going to the library" I said playfully rolling my eyes.
"Oh the 'I'm going to the library card' did it work?" He said sitting at the swing next to me.
"Of course it did, I would always go to the library to study at my old school" I said then feeling sad "I didn't really have any friends" I said talking softer than I was before.
"What?!? You?!? No friends?!? Impossible!" He said jumping from the seat and waving his arms at me. All I did was laugh.
"It's true" I said my face getting less brighter by the second "I was one of the smart people that no one ever talks to unless they need answers."
He didn't answer to that, all he did was swing with his head down.
"Well you have friends now" he said after a while. "I don't think you count as friends" I said laughing because now everyone at school hates me.
"Well I'm the best there is and you are very lucky to have me." He said smirking and laughing. "Oh thank goodness I have a hero like Shawn Mendes!" I said pretending to faint.
"Hey! Only regular girls fall for me!" He said laughing, but I stopped. What did he mean by regular girl?
"What do you mean only regular girls like you?" I said, my smile had faded.
"What do you mean?" He said staring into my eyes.
"You just said I'm not a regular girl" I said with a dead serious look.
"Oh! It's just that you're not like other girls" he said still smiling, I know he meant that in a good way I think, but it still hurt. What's a regular girl? I could feel the tears in my eyes. He looked back at me and realized I was about to cry. He got up and stood right in front of me, I looked down at the floor but he put his hand on my chin and held it up, so I was staring right into his eyes.
"I mean that in a good way, you aren't like other girls and I like that" he said while my cheeks turned a light pink. I felt one drop fall onto my lap and knew I was going to start crying. He moved his hand and caressed his thumb over my cheek and wiped my tear away.