Chapter Fifty

The photographers were really trying hard to get a photo of us, eating lunch. I mean, if they want photos of people eating, they should’ve took photos of themselves.

Harry ordered the food that he thinks that tastes good. He ordered a hamburger and I ordered a clubhouse sandwich. And we had a small arguement about who’s going to pay. And as the best parliamentary debater back in high school, I won.

Harry: You will let me buy you food the next time we eat together, got it Doctor?

Allana: You mean there is a next time?

Harry: Absolutely. But the next time won’t include any wheelchair races.

Allana: I will be looking forward to that.

That whole fiasco took us an hour. It is  now 8:45. I’m planning to check out at about 11 in the morning. I want to be outta here as soon as possible. Then I will be coming back to work by January. It’s 2 weeks before Christmas and I think I am going to be spending it ALONE! Brad’s spending his as a married man with Sam, Carmela’s probably spending her Christmas with her mum, Chloë and who knows who’s her step father, Dad’s gonna be off to the Americas for some doctor’s thingy, Mum’s gonna be off to Australia also for some doctor’s thingy. I don’t take doctor’s thingy during the Holidays.

Harry: What are you thinking about?

Allana: Christmas.

Harry: What about it?

Allana: I’m gonna be spending it alone. Not that I am telling you something.

Harry: You are not spending it alone.

Allana: What?

Harry: Since we are engaged, you are to be skiing with me at some mountain in Europe.

Me? Skiing?

Allana: I can’t ski. First, because I don’t know how to and second, I cannot put a lot of stresses on my legs.

Harry: Oh, then, we can spend Christmas together. I have no plans anyway.

Christmas + Harry + me + christmas trees + fireplaces = Imagine me exploding.

Allana: You and me? Just you and me?

Harry: Yes. You and me. Is there something wrong?

Allana: No.

Christmas with the Prince. This is new.

Allana: Harry, I was planning to check out of this hospital at about 11. Is that okay with you?

Harry: Yes, it’s perfectly okay with me. Then after we go to your place?

Allana: Yes.

Harry: Okay.

We went back upstairs. It is now 10:00. Before entering my room, we stopped at the nurses station and looked for Marie.

Allana: I would like to check myself out, please.

Marie: Sorry, Dr. Kavanagh, but Dr. Cole gave specific instructions to release you at about 2 in the afternoon.

Allana: Yes, as a doctor in this hospital, I would like to check my self out.

Marie: I’m sorry, but you can’t.

Allana: I am checking myself out. Now. With or without you.

Marie: Okay, fine, I’m going to get a release form.

Allana: Thank you, Nurse José.

She nodded.

After a few moments, she gave me my release form.

We went back in my room. It’s 10:30. 

I decided to have a shower. 

I went to the cabinet in the hospital, at it was empty.

I forgot to tell Mum to bring me clothes!

I am not going to wear my blue dress anymore!

I only have two choices, one is to leave in my blue dress and the other one is to borrow something from…

Harry..

I turned around.

Harry: Is there something wrong?

Allana: Uh, yeah. Can I ask you something?

Harry: Yes, of course.

Allana: I have no clothes in here. Nobody brought me clothes here and-

Harry: We can call Austin.

Allana: No. Let him have some family time.

Harry: I don’t see where you’re getting at.

Allana: Can I.. borrow something?

Harry looked shocked. And then frowned.

Harry: From me?

I nodded slowly. Then pursed my lips.

Harry: Sure. I have some clothes in the car. I’ll go get them.

I walked to him and hugged him.

Allana: You are a lifesaver! Thank you. Very much.

Harry patted my back.

Harry: Okay, you’re welcome! I’m gonna go and get them.

Allana: Thank you. Very much. I owe you one.

He smiled.

Harry: I’ll be back.

Allana: Take care.

How could I forget to tell anyone to bring me clothes?!

Oh, Mum and Dad is in the other wing, Brad’s in Southeast Asia, and Carmela is in Italy.

Harry came back after 10 minutes with a bag.

Harry: Here’s some of my clothes, that I leave inside the car, you know, in case it rains hard.

Allana: Thank you, very much.

Harry handed me the bag.

Harry: Luckily, there are two pairs of pants and two shirts in there.

Allana: Really, thanks.

Harry: You choose first.

Allana: Oh. Okay.

There was a plain blue t-shirt, a plain  black polo shirt, white jeans and blue jeans.

I chose the plain blue shirt and the white jeans.

Harry: Okay, then I’ll be using the black polo shirt and the blue jeans.

Allana: Hey, Harry, thank you. Really.

Harry: Really, you’re welcome.

Allana: I’m going to take a bath now.

Harry: I really think you should.

Allana: Thank you.

Harry: You are so very welcome.

I thank myself for having a cosmetic bag! With toiletries in them!

Harry’s clothes are very comfy and warm. And wearing them plainly makes me look homeless, so I folded the sleeves of the shirt. And I look pretty good in men’s clothes.

I went out the restroom.

Harry: You should wear my clothes more often.

Allana: What?

Harry: All I'm saying is you look great.

I rolled my eyes at him.