The Penitentiary part 1.

You have your pride. You have your fame. You have wealth and a little more pride. You have your self-esteem and reputation, but in the long run all that doesn't really matter. You have to realize yourself what is truly important in life.

Thoughts from Seto Kaiba.

The leader of the resistance.

Ace's p.o.v.

Ace sighed deeply inside. Chained up as she was, there were not much she could do. She wished she could. She didn't want to go back to Lyman Banner ever again. Bastion had sacrificed himself, so she could get away, and that was something she treasured with all her might. Right about now, Trapper and his intern was actually taking care of them. Or at least the ones who was valuable cargo. They were surprisingly walking around in here, in the cell, feeding everyone. They had even in a mockingly way, let the cell door open. It was like they dared them to run. Ace knew they had no chance of escaping though. She wasn't even sure that they could try running in the first place. The first thing Trapper had done in here, was taking a controller, and shorten the chains on Aster, Freya and Dimitri, so they was a tied up as the rest of them. Ace figured the reason was, that Trapper and Lucian could walk around in here, without getting disturbed by them. The only one who actually could try escaping, was Jesse. He was the only one not tied up in here, and Ace didn't question that this was Trapper's plan all along. He dared Jesse to escape. All so he could punish him even more. Ace let her eyes wander to Jesse. He was sitting up at the wall near Ember, and didn't intend to do anything. Ace figured Jesse knew, he truly couldn't escape. Trapper had broken his hands after all. That and he was not leaving Ember behind.

"Now open up princess" Trapper said in a mocking tone and was holding a bowl at Tara Yuki.

A spoon with some kind of stew was at her lips. Ace could see Tara shook her head. In some way saying 'I will rather starve'. Trapper was rather displeased by this, but he surprisingly didn't hit her. Not like he did Jesse.

"Now, now Princess, it is not time to be picky" Trapper advised with a smirk "I got instructions to feed you".

Ace's eyes narrowed. What did he mean by that? Then a little light hit Ace. It took her a little time, to realize that it was coming from the security camera at the top left corner of the cell. For some reason the light from it, was suddenly hitting her. Ace's eyes narrowed. It didn't look like Trapper or Lucian had noticed anything though. Ace wondered why it was suddenly staring at her. She knew they were having a control room, where they were watching everything. However Viper was not back yet was he? He was delivering Yugi and the others to Kagemaru right? So who was..? Ace's eyes widened. Could it possible mean that they had figured it out? The resistance members? Banner's password. Ace moved her head a little. It was the only thing she could move. She could slightly see the camera follow her moment. Ace was smiling inside. It looked like they had done it. Now all they needed was an diversion of some kind. Or Ace figured that was the reason the camera was pointing at her now.

"Instructions?" Jesse then suddenly questioned slowly and looked up at the hunter "What do you mean by feeding her?".

Ace tensed by that. Jesse had just asked one of the questions, Tara actually looked like she would like to know. Trapper smirked evilly now. As Jesse had explained to the rest of them, Trapper was having some kind of weak spot for him. He could get answers on things, others couldn't. But that also caused a lot of pain. They had discussed a lot of topics in here. Atticus had stated, he figured Trapper was really gay, and wanted Jesse for himself, but since Jesse was promised to the demon kingdom, he was pretty angry, and hurt him in hope on that the kingdom would sent him back here. At that Jesse had smiled, and said that if that was true, Trapper would have put more effort into it. He just stated he was a sick bastard. Ace didn't really care about the reasons here, she just hoped Jesse didn't get more hurt. He was her friend after all. Just like Ember was.