▲ 1 | Busy ▲

-----
Chapter 1 - Busy ◬
◬ Edited ◬
-----
• Busy •
'having a great deal to do.'
-----

' -----

---

"I'll be watching you." 

---

A - X - O - L - O - T - L

M Y   T I M E   H A S   C O M E   TO   B U R N

I   I N V O K E   T H E   A N C I E N T   P O W E R

T H A T   I   M A Y   R E T U R N   I N   T H I S   U N I V E R -

...

Your head shot up from your desk in alert, eyes immediately drooped. You wiped the drool from the corners of your mouth realising you had fallen asleep in the basement. 

Again. 

Seems like you had a dream. It was one of those times where the memories of something recent and familiar lingered in your mind, but the thoughts were quite foggy.

But the more you tried to remember, the more you forgot. Similar to the dreams you have and wake up in the middle of the night, telling yourself you'll write it down in the morning but never do.

Grabbing your phone, you checked the time. It was 3:26 in the afternoon. Wow, a new record, huh? Aspirated, you looked through the pieces of paper in front of you; you've barely made any progress on the portal. Great.

"Dammit." You ran a hand through your hair in frustration. What a way to start your day. Glancing at your paperwork again, you lifted a hand and flipped off the half-built portal behind you.

But from doing so, a small screw flew towards your hand.

You exhaled heavily.

You stuck your tongue out in concentration as you carefully read your notes. The screw had already dropped on your desk and rolled onto the floor, meaning you have to put it back in later. You try to reach for your phone but a small zap of electricity ran from your wrist to the tip of your finger, causing the phone screen to go black.

"There we go again." You murmured.

You really needed to control that.

Sighing, you looked at the pile of scrunched up pieces of paper, before squinting at the portal. The portal had a few things missing. It needed the rim where the actual entrance would be. The entrance was a circle, with a giant square around it to reinforce it.