Preview

Connor was in rare form, eagerly trying to secure his title as Biggest Pest in the Room. "So what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Sidney rolled her eyes. "I don't know."

"Undecided? But you're taking a pretty hefty load of science courses."

"I like science. Well, I like biology." Sidney frowned, feeling slightly flustered. Working with Connor was like trying to keep half her brain tuned in to a never-ending episode of Sherlock.

"Are your parents into science?"

Sidney looked away. Why was he asking all these questions? "No," she said simply. She found it best to be direct and offer no details. That was the approach she had used with Shayna and, so far, it worked.

Connor paused, his lips pursed in serious consideration as he considered his next question. "Are they strict? You strike me as someone who grew up in a strict household."

Sidney sighed, exasperated. "Are you trying to put off writing this report? We need to just get it over with." When her strategy of reticence didn't work, there was always the redirect method. "I don't want to be up until 3 AM with this one, Connor."

"I'm working on it." He grinned at her doubtful look. "I am. I'm highly adept at multitasking." Samra felt her heart hitch a beat and stumble when he looked at her like that. She scowled and pulled his laptop towards her. The bright white of an almost completely blank Word document shone up at her.

"Hey!" Connor protested, yanking the computer back. "What if I had porn open? You would have scarred yourself for life."

"Scarred myself for life? What kind of porn do you watch?"

"Pterodactyl orgy, Japanese tentacle-porn with dwarf clowns."

Sidney snorted. "What?" Was she ever going to get this work done? Seriously, Connor was the lab partner from hell.