prologue

perfectionism was something jeon jeongguk would never turn a blind eye to, and perhaps he would never get over that simple, yet confusing factor at all.

he was born of a family with busy parents and busy lifestyles that the mere thought of giving jeongguk a sibling never crossed their minds. not once, not ever, because they were too busy to do it. he supposed being an only child had its perks, though; he grew independent, faster than most toddlers would, and his eyes held a glare of observation, as if his stare could burn a hole through anyone.

but alas, despite those perks, everyone, including jeongguk, accepted the fact that there were far more consequences outweighing those perks: consequences that frustrated and annoyed him everyday. he grew dull, his once playful adolescence seeping away until he could see nothing more but a monotone world, filled with busy people and busy lifestyles with busy thoughts.

and along with such matters, there was always a certain sense of loneliness sprouting deep inside the pit of his mind, and along with it, his heart. he blamed it on the way his parents would always close the door when they were gone. emotions were always something jeongguk could never understand, and he cursed himself for it.

then came the spotlight of it all, the grand finale of the show, the protagonist of the book. it started off small, his hands twitching with slight irritation from a stain, then it escalated into cold resentment as his eyes filled with venom from watching a maid miss the tiniest spot. had his perk of being observational betrayed him? maybe so, just like everything else did in the grey world he saw.

everything buzzed around his vision too much, everything went too fast for his mind to handle, everyone was too buried in their so-called daily lifestyles that they couldn't even attempt to look at the beautiful sky reaching out to them. everyone was too busy. and jeongguk didn't like it.

so, being the independent person he grew up to be, he took it upon himself to be an artist. a seed filled with potential, and he indeed bloomed to be a flower of attractiveness. he was fascinated by the endless meaning of art. every painting carried a unique story; every sketch brought a new form of life, just waiting to be discovered; every tool that was used unlocked something within each artist, almost as if it were the key to success.

he was mystified by the magnificence of art, and he wanted to show everyone how beautiful it was.

soon after graduating high school with flying colors, he made the decision to willingly move away from his parents. it was for the better, he thought plainly. he wanted to be independent, not like he was already, considering the amount of time spent with his family in the first place. he sighed, casting those thoughts aside. of course they would always support him; he still had a glimmer of hope for them, even if that glimmer was weakened just a little every time that door was closed on him.

undoubtedly, with a new life, came new friends. very few friends, that was. park jimin, a bubbly person with an ecstatic attitude who also had an interest in art as well. he was jeongguk's best friend, no doubt, but, he was a best friend who made jeongguk question how he had befriended such a person in the first place. and min yoongi, who was, by all means, the exact opposite from park jimin, as well as a music producer and devotee, but one thing obviously lead to another, and they became boyfriends.

jeongguk secretly envied their relationship from afar, but he wasn't willing to say that out loud to the both of them.

throughout college, he encountered new people from the present and old people from the past. what always lingered on him, though, was his interest he kept in art, almost as if it were luring him with the charm he held for it. whenever his classes were present, he was almost always the first one to arrive, and during the tiny amounts of spare time he had left, he spent time with his friends or practiced on his goal.

time passed, almost as if the wind blew across the sky and barely anyone noticed. for jeongguk, it felt like he were running a marathon, and he still was pacing along the track. it started off small, with only a few, mere paintings inspired by the depths of his mysterious mind. overtime, it progressed into something much more immense. his creations held more relevance to society, and the few eyes that turned towards him grew to a number he could barely even imagine.

art galleries opened throughout the busiest parts of seoul, and in it, were the masterpieces that jeongguk designed, built inside the simple confinement of his room. citizens flocked through the galleries almost everyday just to gaze and marvel at all his pieces, possibly even gaining their own inspiration inside of them. he valued that act; he cherished the light in people's eyes when he saw their mouths hung open at the sight of his work.

although his positive perspective never changed, he felt haunted in his shadows. the pit growing in his heart only widened further, and there was never once a moment when he laid in his bed and the silence was almost too unbearable for him, save for his breath that disappeared with a puff. and there were sudden thoughts he never thought he could ever be capable of conjuring up: would he stay like this forever? would he only be a person who became content looking at others while staying in an isolated solitude?

all those imperfect thoughts invaded his mind, and he couldn't put an end to them, since he was the suspect who made such thoughts up in the first place. it was bothersome and tiring, having to deal with himself.

perfectionism was something jeon jeongguk would never turn a blind eye to, and perhaps he would never get over that simple, yet confusing factor at all.

and perhaps he would never get over the way kim taehyung entered his life.

the new start to perfectionist! i hope u all enjoyed the prologue <3

its lowercase intended now, so ://

but yall

i just get so proud when i look at this deck like :(((((