Special Chapter One: Encore of the Stars

Okay guys, this is the first Special Chapter. This tells the story of how a magical girl became the witch that sent Homura on her path to become a magical girl, and later a demon.

******

She will turn all of fate's misfortune to nothing. She will flood the earth with magic, and take all of humankind into her play. A moving stage construction. If everything is a play, no unhappy things will exist. It may be a tragedy, but it'll all be part of the script. The play stops on Walpurgisnacht, and the earth does not turn even once more. The story will not change. Tomorrow, and the day after, is the night of Walpurgis.-

Puella Magi Production Note

******

Holy Roman Empire,  circa A.D. 814

Belvender scratched his brown hair after removing his white beret. He was really tired- who could know a long day of drawing and designing could be so exhausting? His cloaked white uniform had a few smears of color here and there, but Ernesztina could quickly wash them out.

Ernesztina was a good friend of his, they had lived together for a while, as both were subordinates of Amadeus and Louis. It was peculiar because both Amadeus and Louis were very young to be put into a ruling position, but nevertheless they were extremely powerful.

Belvender immediately returned the beret to his head as he saw Amadeus approach, obviously on the way for another piano lesson. "Mister Amadeus!" Belvender called, getting his master's attention. "I have a question!"

"Make it fast, Italian," the Austrian said with a grimace. "If I don't hurry up soon, I'll be fifteen minutes early!"

Belvender giggled. On a schedule, as always. "Will I be able to go to the carnival tonight?"

Amadeus made a half-smile. "Have you completed all your chores?"

"Yes, Mister Amadeus! All of them for the next two weeks!"

"Well, yes, you can, but are you sure for the next two week-"

"Grazie! Thank you, thank you! You know I love visiting the carnival!" Belvender ran to his master and hugged him tightly, much to Amadeus' chagrin. "I'll be leaving in a few hours, and grazie!"

"I believe you've already said 'thank you' too many times..." Amadeus said to himself with a frown, but he smiled slightly. He could be rid of his underling for a while, and Belvender could actually have a great time. He had heard rumors that Pennywise the Clown would be in town for the carnival as well, and was even more excited at that. Pennywise was his favorite!

Louis Martel, his sister Magdalena, and Ernesztina would also be accompanying him to the carnival. Armand, Loretto, and Diego would be staying with Amadeus. It was bad; Belvender really did wish they could come with him!

Sadly, however, Ernesztina and Magdalena never showed up, which was strange. Belvender was left alone with Louis. Belvender always felt... a bit awkward around Louis, and whenever Louis was with Belvender, he felt the same. Belvender wondered if the girls did this on purpose, leaving him alone with his crush.

In reality, Ernesztina and Magdalena had no intention of that. They were, after all, Puella Magi. Ernesztina had wished to become Amadeus' most trusted servant; Magdalena never told Ernesztina her wish.

The witch the two girls were facing resembled a castle turret, spewing forth minions like massive birds. It was very formidable; Ernesztina and Magdalena never fought something this powerful.