Forbidden Garden of Eden

Arthur had called everyone for dinner in the massive dining room, which most just called a great hall from a castle or something. As Arthur had said, the delicate china or silver plates were filled with bangers and mash, as well as some fish and chips. The gooseberry tarts were still held in the kitchen, and Arthur vowed gooseberry tarts would only be distributed to those who enjoyed the food he had spent a long time to cook.

MK took a seat next to a shirtless Alfred, and both were extremely nervous sitting so near each other. Upon discovering MK had taken his usual spot, Arthur forced himself not to sigh, and sat next to Elizabeta across from Alfred. He did not want to be rude to MK, it was his first time eating dinner at the Kirkland mansion.

Jett took MK's other side, and he had cheered up a bit after Alfred told him about similar experiences. Still wondering about how Jett could have such insatiable hunger, MK tapped his fingers on the table, putting his other hand to his chin. There could be some magic involved... Or he was just a kid with a big stomach.

MK sighed and lifted his head back, and Natalya took the instance to slap his cheek, revenge for the confrontation during the food fight. Alfred giggled, but MK quickly turned and glared at the young Russian girl. "At least you didn't kill me..."

Natalya turned with an uncanny grin. "Be careful where you sleep tonight..."

MK looked unnerved and turned back to face Arthur and Elizabeta. "Don't worry," Alfred interjected as he placed his hand on MK's shoulder. "I'll protect you. I've had experience with her."

MK blushed. "Yeah... Hey, when do you think I can meet Matthew?"

"He's been tired a lot lately. He's been up in his room for two days, I don't really know why. I talked to him this morning, he sounds really traumatized about something he's not telling me about."

"Hmm."

Edythe was sitting with Peter, who she had started to bond with. Edythe had even volunteered to babysit the little sailor boy whenever Arthur or the others couldn't take care of him. Contrary to what she may appear to be, Edythe has a soft spot for kids.

"Are you excited, Edythe? Have you ever had British foods?" Peter inquired.

"No," Edythe said. "I want to save up some money and go there sometime, but you should know, my job doesn't really pay money..."

Peter and Edythe both chuckled. Money was never the result of a magical girl's duty. Just Grief Cubes, and now, the other objects from the barriers Edythe, MK, and maybe Viorel, Arthur, and Lukas would take on soon.

Ivan was beating his fork and knife on the table with a laugh, while Irina patted him on the back. "Vanya..."

Arthur pulled out the foods and gave the massive table all they needed. MK immediately went after the fish and chips, smiling and realizing it was better than he thought. The bangers and mash however, he just poked around here and there... Alfred, however, quickly devoured all of his food, and licked his lips. "Anyone have anything extra?"

MK smiled and gave Alfred his bangers and mash, which he wolfed down with lightning-speed and proceeded to drink a can of cream soda. After letting out a burp of content and rubbing his stomach, Alfred sighed and decided he was done.

Jett, much like Alfred, had quickly eaten all his food and decided to spark a conversation with MK. "So... you're some kind of magic guy." MK nodded. "Arthur has been doing magic, he wants to teach Oliver. I kinda believe it, kinda not. But, once I saw you during the food fight and when Lukas told me how you and the others defeated a monster, I genuinely believe."

Jett gave MK a high-five. "Everyone's mostly comfortable with magic here?" MK asked.

"Yeah. Everyone knows about Viorel, Lukas, and Arthur, with their weird magic trio circle, Natalya can see ghosts, et cetera. Some of us, like me, just kinda switched from believing and just calling it a load of bologna. That was the way it was until you and Edythe showed up."