Two

Hey my dudes,, thanks for reading this garbage lmao

Pls!!! Comment!!! I wanna know what y'all think bc I'm desperate

Thank.

Here's chap two,, introducing my baes, Stucky.

((Vote &comment ))

The best thing about living with Roy, Dick decides, is that he gets free reign when it comes to how he dresses, how he decorates, and how he trains. At Wayne Manor, Dick hadn't even realised quite how restricted he felt about being himself, but now here he is: his cousin's old circus unitard (a pretty mix of blue and black) on under ripped denim shorts with a million badges and patches sewn on to keep it together, his gold complexion completely washed of any Secret-Identity-Keeping-Required-Ethnicity-Hiding skin dye, black hair free of styling and fluffy and wavy, his old anklets stacked on his bare feet, and Roy's helping him pin up all his old posters and drawings and photographs that had been tucked away in his trunk for the past 4 years. His bedroom at Wayne Manor had been too big to put everything up, he'd been too aware of the empty extra space, but his new bedroom is about 3/4 the size of his old trailer - still big by his standards, but wonderfully average by non-nomads and so homely that Dick just can't seem to stop grinning.

It's almost a shock, to engulf his circus roots so strongly and all at once again, but Roy's encouragement is obvious and they really do need something to fill the time while they put off going grocery shopping. Dick can't cook to save his life, unfortunately, but Roy's pretty decent, though very reluctant to make anything with too much effort required. They're probably going to order pizza. They just want to pretend that they have another option that they're considering.

"Annnnnnnd..." Roy tacks the final corner of a Polaroid down to the wall, and then flops onto Dick's bed, stretching his arms over his head. "Done."

Dick grins around the pin in his mouth, taking it out and securing his last poster - one promoting Haly's Circus International Tour of 2006 - in place. He flops back onto the bed, too, landing right next to Roy. "Thanks for the help, tough guy."

Roy snorts. "Yeah, don't tell Wally I was useful in anyway. I need to keep my reputation in tact."

Though the mention of Wally made Dick feel the smallest pang of guilt, Dick sniggered. "What reputation? Roy, everyone knows you're a closet sap."

Roy props himself up on his elbows and glares at him. "This is how you thank me for slaving away for an hour? Unbelievable."

Dick props himself up as well. "I thought I was thanking you by not letting you walk out on Ollie by yourself, Speedy."

Roy squints at him. "You weren't doing me a favour, Dick, or you'd have gone back to B by now. You're just as tired of the sidekick shtick as I am."

Dick shrugs, but doesn't answer. He's not quite sure him and Roy are actually on the same level of anti-sidekick, but he really is tired of being the one to carry his and Bruce's relationship. The man is at his most functioning as Batman, which is really saying something, and Dick's tired of...that. It's less about Robin and Batman - at least then he can rely on Batman to be there. No, his problems with Bruce relies solely in how Dick is never not Robin to the man. How he's never just Dick Grayson. Robin will always come before Dick Grayson, and it's the sentiment and psychology behind that that makes him think a break from it is good - if not to make Bruce really think about things, then to give Dick a break from all the expectations piled upon his shoulders. He's just not sure how long that break is going to be...but he thinks it's probably going to be long enough to make himself comfy in Roy's apartment.