Family introduction

A/N I've been thinking about writing this topic a long time and finally I have time/inspiration. This story is supposed to happen in the beginning of 2002. Hope you enjoy it! I posted this part instead of number 3 of the challenge.

Ewa Westling was cooking a nice Sunday lunch for her family which was supposed to come home. Her daughter Anna would come with her spouse and their daughter Hedvig. Ewa's younger child Daniel is also coming.

This lunch will be more special since Daniel is going to take her girlfriend with him. Ewa doesn't yet know much about her. She knows that her name is Victoria (probably named after the Crown Princess, she thought) and she has a full time job which is the reason Daniel hasn't introduced them yet.

Same time in the car going to the Ocelbo

Daniel is driving the car towards his parents' home. Next to him is the Crown Princess of Sweden, her girlfriend. Last week Victoria introduced Daniel to her parents so now is his turn. He is thinking what to say to his parents and sister.

After few moments of silence Victoria asks from him: "Is your family eager to meet me?" "Oh, yes they are. Well actually they are eager to meet Daniel's new girlfriend Victoria who has a full-time job" Daniel commented laughing.

"Maybe it would've been nicer to warn them in advance" snapped Victoria back laughing too. "First I was going to do that but how do you tell your parents you're in love with the future Queen?" he asked. "Well, I suppose it's not that easy. But if your mom will faint when she sees me, you have to deal with it..."

-----------------------------------------------------

Victoria and Daniel walked through the front door of the Westling house. Daniel's (toddler) niece is waiting for her uncle eagerly. Daniel lifts her and she laughs. Then Daniel's sister Anna comes to vestibule.

The moment she sees Victoria she frozes. "You can't be..." she mutters not quite believing who stands next to her brother. "Oh, yeah nice to meet you. You must be Daniel's sister. I'm Victoria" she says smiling happily to her. "Mom, I think you and dad should come to see who our guest is." Anna shouts to her parents.

When they come nearer Anna asks: "Did you know that Daniel is dating HER!?!" "What's wrong with..." Olle is asking but stops the question without finishing when he sees Victoria. Victoria smiles gently to his parents whom are staring her amazed.

First they can't say anything. Then after few seconds Ewa whispered to Daniel who is grinning: "Daniel Westling, are you really dating THIS Victoria, our future head of state?!" Daniel admitted that he is dating her and then told to her parents he loved Victoria, a girl whom he'd met at his gym not Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden.

Their visit was first a little bit awkward and the Westlings were reserved but soon they get to know Victoria better and didn't thought her that much as future Queen. When Victoria and Daniel left back to Stockholm Ewa Westling was sure that Daniel had fallen in love with Victoria and all that mattered was that they loved each other. Although her identity needed some consideration.