five

"She's waking up, look!"

"Well, get away from her face, you'll scare her. Not that Enoch didn't take care of that factor well enough himself."

"Miss Peregrine is going to be so excited when she hears about her!"

"Who says she'll want to stay?"

"If you stay in this room by the time her eyes are open, Enoch, then I'll doubt she'll want to stay."

When I open my eyes, I'm face to face with a little girl I've never seen before, and she jumps back, like she didn't expect me to wake up that quickly.

"Um," I begin, not sure what I'm going to say.

I take a look at my completely unfamiliar surroundings once my eyes adjust to the lighting, and freeze almost instantly as the memories of what happened before I passed out come back to me.

"Oh my God." I say, and get up from the bed I was currently laying on quickly, then searching for the door to get out of here.

"Wait!" A girl around my age commands, then blocking the door with her body.

"Get the fuck away from me you creep!" I yell. Either this girl was part of my kidnapping, or she was a victim as well, and I truly didn't have the time to find out.

Can't wait to tell my mom what I did today. Oh, yeah, nothing. Just got kidnapped on the smallest island ever. The usual.

"Watch your language!" The girl scolds me, and I roll my eyes. Was she really trying to protect that little girls fragile mind? She was a victim of kidnapping, I'm not sure how worse it could get.

Oh, and just to put it out there, I didn't consider myself a total sailor when it came to cussing, but I had few choice words that I found to be my favorite, and it just so happened that those words would get you kicked out of a classroom. Obviously I minded my tongue almost everywhere I went, but being a victim of kidnapping really brought out the more colorful words kept in me.

I turn around to look at the child, before noticing it wasn't just her in the room. There was also another girl around my age, along with a boy.

Not just any boy though. I recognized him almost immediately as the guy who was in the basement of that children's home with me, that began to pull something out of his pocket the moment I passed out like an absolute idiot. What was wrong with me anyways? I had never passed out before up to that point.

Yeah, but you've also never been kidnapped before until today either.

He was staring at me with a very amused expression, and I brought my attention back to the girl blocking the entrance- or in my case, the exit.

"Oh my God." I groan, and without thinking too hard on it I push the girl out of my way, wanting more than ever to get out of here.

The moment in past her, I get a late reaction to a severe pain in my arm.

She burned me! That bitch!

I made a note to slap myself later for not even noticing the lighter in her hands, which had to have been what she used to burn me.

The moment I'm out of the room, I sprint down the long hallway, where I saw a spiral of stair steps that would most likely bring me to, or at least closer to the exit of this house. Then, I would run and run until I saw civilization, and then lock myself inside of the hotel I was staying at for the rest of my time here.