four

"I'm actually going to cry."

"Not before I do."

"Come on girls, this is going to be fun! I'm sure you'll make friends with every single one of those kids down there." My mom says, in defense of the group outside our window chatting, who looked like the only teenagers on this island.

"Mom, you can't just jump into a conversation with a bunch of strangers, who are obviously close to each other. It just makes you look like a total freak." I tell her, not wanting to already ruin Dee and I's current status.

"Hey, would it really hurt if you just went down there and introduced yourselves? I've already spoken with the man who owns this place, and he says the kids have lived here all their life and are the sweetest kids he knows."

"Yeah, probably because they're the only kids he knows."

"Enough of that talk. Now, I'll be out sightseeing, and you two will go ahead and do whatever you'd like, as long as you don't stay in this house, you're with each other, and you're accompanied by someone who lives here. Stay safe you two." Mom grabs her shades, and starts to walk out.

"What if we get lost?" Dee asks. Neither of us were the smartest when it came down to navigation.

"How could you get lost in an island as small as this?" My mother simply replies, before waving goodbye and shutting the door.

"She's enjoying this too much." Dee states, shaking her head.

"Definitely."

"So, go put on your shades."

"Why?" I ask.

"We're going to make some new friends. And believe me when I say that we will definitely not be doing it Mom's way." My sister says.

I grab my sunglasses, putting them on while Dee does the same thing, before we both walk out of the "hotel room", then walking downstairs, waving good morning to the owner of the building, and walking out.

Instantly, the group speaking with each other turn their heads, all eyes on us. This, however, does not phase Dee, and I pretend as if it doesn't phase me either as we continue walking.

"Hey!" We hear, and both of us turn, looking to see who had called for us.

"You guys new here?" The speaker walks out of the group, and we can clearly see who's talking. It was one of the boys, and another boy by his side.

"Only visiting." Dee replies, her voice soft and airy.

"Well, where you both off to?"

"Just down to some cave. We hear it's pretty creepy over there, and would love to check it out." 

"You think that's creepy? You should come with us, we'll show you the children's home." The boy says, clearly interested in my sister. The whole group was watching us both, and I could tell they were judging if we were worthy enough to go to this home.

"The what?"

"Filled with ghosts, if your into that lot. We'll take you, as long as we get some names."

"Name's Delilah. This here's my sister, Adeline." She finally says after a while, as if she was debating whether she should take up on his offer.

"Pleasure to meet you two. Name's Worm." He introduces himself, and I inhale deeply to keep myself from releasing a laugh.

"Is that a birth name?" I ask, finally opening my mouth.

"Just a nickname. A rapper name, in fact." Worm tells us, and I smile slightly.

"We'd love to hear you perform some time." I say, and when I go in to shake his hand after he's done shaking my sister's, I can't help but whisper to him.

"You see, my sister's kind of got a thing for rappers. Free-stylers especially." I whisper, and mentally high-five myself for not laughing.

Dee was going to kill me.

"Well, are we headed to this children's home or what?" Dee asks, and the whole group gets up to begin the walk, as a conversation begins.

About five or so minutes later, we reach the place, and I can't lie when I say that I would love to photograph this place. It was enchantingly destroyed, and for some reason, more than ever, I wanted to go inside.

"This is it. You come by with us tonight, and you're in for a surprise." Worm says, and Dee and I both raise an eyebrow.

"And what would that surprise be?" I ask.

"Ouija board. We'll be playing with it tonight. You in?"

"We'll see if we can." Dee tells him, lifting his hopes up sky high.

"Let's look around." One of the group members say, and they all agree, quickly splitting up.

"Dee, I'm checking down here, you in?" I ask, and my sister nods her head, not wanting to leave me alone.

We head down a staircase, and I can't help but feel majorly scared.

"Oh fuck." I hear Dee say, and turn on the flashlight on my phone to check what she was talking about.

There were jars and jars of some things I couldn't describe, but they looked absolutely revolting. When I turn my flashlight to see Dee's face, I'm shocked by what I see.

Instead of Dee, I see a boy around our age, staring down at me. He had black hair, and I realized he must have been in the group of kids we came with.

"Oh, you scared me for a second." I say,  a smile spreading on my face.

He, however, doesn't smile back.

And that's when I realize I came all the way to an abandoned children's home with people I had just met, and my sister was no where close to me.

I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to be murdered.

"Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck." I curse, not knowing what else to say.

The boy raises an eyebrow, amused in my word choice, but doesn't say a word. I begin to back up towards the stair cases, but instead hit a rack of the disgusting jars, which clearly irritates him.

"Hey, please don't kill me. I swear, I'll give you money, if that's what you want. I- I just w-want to g-g-go and graduate." I say, pleading.

The boy doesn't answer me, and instead, reaches into his back pocket.

I have no clue what he ever pulled out of his back pocket. Because the second he began to reach, I had passed out, seeing stars for what felt like forever.