2

A/n: *shrugs* I was bored.

Jeremy●°▪

The only thought in my head was "What did I do now?"

Just my luck, getting sent to the principal's office before first period even started.

The way I saw it was there were different levels of luck: there was good luck, bad luck, terrible luck, and Jeremy Heere luck.  I started dreaming up different scenarios, all of in which I died a painful death.  Ugh!  Just be chill, Jer!

I had been to the principal's office several times before, the most recent occasion happening to involve me practicing a casual, leaning stance against a wall. It ended with a slip and my elbow triggering the fire alarm and therefore sprinklers.  I really was Public Enemy One around here.

Principal Paulsen (a/n: random name because why not) greeted me with a tired sigh.  "Good morning, Jeremy."

She knew my name after so many incidents.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked, trying to remember things that I knew were illegal.

"Not this time.  I need you to do me a favor," Principal Paulsen admitted.

"Um, okay?"

"We have a foreign transfer student from Japan and I need you to show him around the school.  You'll be excused from first period for however long you take."

The proposal of getting to skip class was almost too good to be true, so I took her up on it immediately.  "That's fine, I guess.  Where is he?"

"I'm right here," answered a deep voice.  The voice belonged to a polished looking, well-dressed man.  He looked a little old for highschool but I obviously wasn't about to say anything.  He also was the smuggest looking person I had ever seen in my sixteen years of pitiful existence.  An instant distrust overcame me.

Nonetheless, I extended my hand and smiled through gritted teeth, "Hi, I'm Jeremy."

He shook my hand and I had to stop myself from yanking my fingers away from his grip because his hands were ice cold.

"You can call me Squip," he introduced himself.

Squip?  What kind of name was that?  Foreigners name their kids the strangest things.

I nodded and met his eyes for the first time.  They were shocking, electric blue.  The eyes of a maniac.  Don't judge a kid by how he looks, Jeremy.  He smiled coldly.  Everything about him seemed so icy and dangerous, but also...chill.  He was the type of person that did something that would get him in trouble, but never got caught.  He would probably be in with the popular group in days.  No.  Hours.

"Follow me," I said with zero confidence.

I showed Squip around but he didn't really seem to be paying attention.  After I had covered the first floor, he grabbed my arm, sending shivers up my spine.

"Listen, I can tell that neither one of us is enjoying this, and your voice is getting annoying, so do you mind shutting up?"

"I-what?  Excuse me!"  My face grew red from anger.  "Who do you think you are?"

"The new student," he answered.

"You seem a little...older than your usual junior," I said suspiciously.

"That's because I'm not exactly a highschooler."

"Are you a spy for the government?" My voice squeaked slightly as my excitement built up, remembering all those geeky spy movies I had watched at 3 AM with Michael when we were barely conscious.  Michael would be so psyched when I told him about this!  "Or-or an...assassin?!"